What is the best bow for 400$?

Andyman199

I am looking for a newer bow for $400. I have 30 inch draw length, my bow weight is 55 lbs. I just need a bow, i already have a sight, and all that stuff. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andyman199

Last edited:
I don't know if its the best but I use a pse bow madness. You should be able to get it around 400 new.

craigslist.org I've been finding a bunch of fully loaded compound bows for cheap, just gotta give them a good look over before you buy.

I really like the Diamond Outlaw for a "hunter's bow" (budget friendly, but no compromises). Sure, it comes equipped with a bunch of junk components, but that doesn't mean you have to use them. It's right in that ballpark for your pricepoint.

Go to archertalk.com. Sign up and look at their classifieds for used or new old stock. You would be amazed at what you can get!

+2 on the Diamond Outlaw , I have one and with my set up have it shooting 298fps . Draw cycle is a little harsh , but doesnt take long to get used to .

+3 on the Outlaw.......took me about 10 shots to dial it in and now I have to aim each arrow and a different point on the target so I don't Robin Hood em. Love it!

Check out the 2013 PSE Brute X for $399 and also the
2013 PSE Stinger 3G for $299!! two great bows for the money!!
I'm gonna own one of them within the next couple months
wink.gif

Last Spring I picked up a G5 Quest Hammer from Cabelas, wanna say it was in the $350 range. Very happy with it. Smooth and quiet. I would buy it again.

Mission Craze is a great deal for anyone looking to get into the sport. My wife just got one. That was after she shot a robin hood with the demo bow on shot 8! good little bow for the money.

I would buy a used Elite GT-500 or Answer. You should get one for that price, probably come with a couple nice accessories too. Get a good used bow vs. a new cheap bow.

Somebody earlier suggested you go on Archerytalk and look there. That is an excellent suggestion. You will end up with more information and a better bow by doing so.

The best $400 bow is a used $800-$900 bow.

I would go to a good bow shop and shoot some of the top brands (i.e. Mathews, Bowtech, PSE) and determine which brand appeals to you, in terms of 'feel.' While each model is unique, these brands each have their own characteristics. Once you find a brand (or two) that you favor, and maybe a few models) start researching the precursor models from previous years. The changes that exist in the newest models will be minor. Find a used model that's in your price range.

I'd rather have a high quality used bow than an inexpensive new bow.

I just found a 2 year old Mathews Z7 Extreme fully equipped with top of the line accessories and a case for $575 for a friend's kid.

Back