What kind of dog should I get?

Originally Posted By: TyrodExcellent suggestions!
Gooseboy, I have never had a dog for hunting. Never trained one for it ...etc I wouldn't even know where to start. I mostly enjoy predator hunting with deer hunting a close second. Although opening day of dove season is great as well. Basically I am the opportunistic type of hunter.

Craig, I looked up the boykin ....great looking dog.

Mtcurman, what is the difference between blackmouth and Mt cur?

Kodiak61, your Rhodesian ridgeback is beautiful.

tyrod, if your looking for a dog to use with predator's, decoy, followup lost or wounded varmits, blood trail deer, retrieve doves... the dog for you is a jagd terrier. he is not a cur on predators or a bloodhound for tracking or a lab in a dove field but he can do it all. one of the most versitle dogs around

Don't want to seem a little prejudice as to what my choice would be.

scan-1.jpg

tank001.jpg

House07041.jpg

House07007.jpg

102_4458.jpg

102_4569.jpg

102_4584.jpg

I sure wouldn't need any alarm system with a brute like that!

It is funny... When I started this post I thought you guys would make my decision easier. Wrong!

Basset Hound.

All 3 i've had sure won't attack nothing, but she might just drown 'em in sloppy dog kisses. :p

But if you have an intruder don't expect her to move a muscle off the couch hehe.

go ahead and get a little rat dog. when you have a bad day at work and really want to come home and beat the wife, kick the dog. its too small to hurt you back, and they fly a long ways.

btw, for those of you getting all pissy, i am joking.

after our last dog i'll stick to my cat.
he sits on the wall all day
never eats or poops
never makes a sound
his name is bob
the taxadermist did a good job on him.
my last dog got sick at 2;00 am and i had to put him down myself. i still feel like i shot my best friend and its been 10 yrs.
i never want to lose another family member like that again and i'm not old enough to guarrentee a new best friend would outlive me.
my oldest doughter finnally picked up her dog this summer it lived with us for two years it wasn't mine it didn't like me and i didn't like it. i could have shot that one in a heartbeat. jody IS the only reason i didn't.
i did throw a hammer at it though betty and it blinked too.
it was trying to attack the neighbor and was the closest thing at hand

Back