What kind of portable shooting table do you prefer ??

The Aeroaces table is inexpensive and easy to build. I modified the plans a bit, table is 24" wide instead of 28", used carriage bolts to secure the flanges instead of screws, and 3/4" cabinets plywood instead of 1".

http://www.aeroaces.com/bench1.htm

PortableShootingTable.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

Here is the portable bench that I prefer. The bench is made by Zanotti Armor in Waterloo, Iowa. The bench weighs about 35 pounds and fits into a small duffle bag, totally portable. It takes about 2 minutes to set up and 2 1/2 minutes to take down. Once you have it set you can swivel 360 degrees to shoot in all directions. The front rest goes up and down by the use of a self-locking cam, that is effortless and very convienant. I was in Zanotti's shop the other day and he was building some new benches that have some improvements over this design. The new benches weigh less and go together quicker.

The bench is very sturdy and simple and quick to use for prairie dog shooting. It is also easily adjustable for uneven terrain. Built by a shooter, for shooters. And no I don't work for him. I bought one of his safes and he sent this bench along with me to Wyoming to give it a try. I came back and told him I had to have one. One of the guys I went with is getting one as well. Both of our benches will be the new design.

DSC00015.jpg

GunRest003.jpg

GrouseSetter

The Booger Bench Free Plans

After reading the front page click on "photos" on the left side.

The plans are free and you can make the bench out of scrap stuff like I did.

In fact I have two of the benches. I found a 1" piece of marine plywood in front of one of my neighbor's houses and used that.

For legs I strongly recommend finding a discarded banquet table with the folding legs. You know... The kind your church or community hall probably has. The new ones with the plastic tops aren't sturdy enough.

I have a total of about $50 bucks total in my two tables and they're ROCK SOLID and it takes about 15 seconds to set one up!!!

$bob$

Here is a picture of a bench that I build and sell local. The top is 1" cabinet grade ply. and the seat is 3/4". The top is bolted on with wing nuts, all you have to do is flip it over for a lefty. Together the bench is less than 50#. It isn't carry in a backpack portable but if your going to haul it on a truck or don't have far to carry it's rock solid. You can also take the top off and bolt a clay thrower to the small top that is under the shooting top.

Here is the one I made and my folding stool. Top is two pieces of 3/4 plywood glued and screwed. Legs on table unscrew from pipe flanges.

normal_SD20055.jpg

Just A Thought..I Found a Beautiful Kid's School
Desk at A thrift Store...$ 3.99..Works Well with my Shooting Rest, Fit's in the Car easily,..FOUND A Small Round Dining type table, W/Removable Leg's, fit's in the Trunk..Thrift/Goodwill/ARC/ type Store's can be Great Sources for Shooting Tables, Bench's, and Chair's..Bring your Tape Measure..2 more cent's Worth from Colo./Coyote Wolf27..

kevinm,

Now that it ULTRA SWEET!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

And I thought I had nice benches... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif

$bob$

This is my modified "aeroaces" table. 3/4" plywood with 1" steel pipe and flanges with carriage bolts. I also added steel angle iron on the underside. Rock friggin solid and sets up in a minute.
pic3.jpg

Last edited:
I use a Roto Bench. I have it mounted in the back of the truck for PD's or use the stand for bench work at the target range. I also have a dolley rigged up to wheel the bench while walking around a PD town.
DSC00001.jpg

VSSF_Swift.jpg

I would be nice if some people learned how to resize their pictures so they don't take so long to load. Not talking about physical size talking about file size.

In some states you have to have two feet on the ground??

Nah....it's real easy, great instructions, the hardest part is cutting the wedges out of oak, once that's outa the way, you're home free!!

Tim

Back