What was your First Gun?

mine was a sears and roebuck 22 My dad gave it to me after he got it back from my uncle. still have it and take to go pd hunting.

My first rifle. Well this is going to age me a little. It was a .22 single shot that I bought from the Sears catalog on sale for $13.95. Great little gun still have it. Hope to give it to my grandson.

3" Rem 870 12ga. at 11 yrs old , we used to hunt a lot of ducks years ago and that was the only thing the ole' man had. 338 win mag was the first centerfire rifle I ever fired at age 121/2, I remember it well, dad sure was tough on the little guys.

My first gun other than a BB gun was a Daisy 22 bolt action. I'm not to sure but I think I got it when I was about 7 years old. Its tiny but let me tell you that gun has killed a lot of rabbits. still got it too.

my first gun was a winchester single shot .22 that i recieved for christmas when i was 6 years old. it was one that my grandfather owned in the '60's. never put a scope on it, but the iron sights were are clear as can be. shot my first prairie dogs and groundsquirrels with it. i feel that my grandfather giving me a singleshot taught me how to be a better shot and a better hunter because i had to wait for a good shot and make my first one count.
bwb

Howdy, My first gun was a Ruger 10/22. I got it as a Christmas present. The barrel has a logo that says "MADE IN THE 200TH YEAR OF AMERICAN LIBERTY". I was 14 years old.
Happy Hunting

Mine was a J. C. Higgins single shot bolt action .410 my dad gave me when I was about 10. He had traded a .22 of some sort for it. I killed many a squirrel with it until I bought my first gun with my own money in about the 8th grade. It was a used Stevens model 167 pump 12 gauge I picked up at the local gun range/gun shop. I still have the .410 and wouldn't dream of parting with it.

What a great topic!!!

My first fire arm came at xmas when I was about 14. A .22 lr model 49 ithica saddlegun. My grandpa gave it too me. I shot everything with it. Crows, wabbits, fox, etc.....
When I was 18 or 19 I loaned it to a freind for the weekend, it came back with a bent barrel. I learned a valuble lesson over that episode. I am 31 now and my boy is about to turn 10. I am going to try to find a barrel to put on it and pass it down to him. It was such a fun little rifle, I hope to repair it and bring him up with the many stories I have with it.

My first gun.
Remington Model 24. 22cal,Long Rifle only.I used it to shoot at my first " called in" coyote back in 1945.
(No, I did'nt kill it)

Harrington and Richardson single-shot .20 guage modified. It has a hammer for the safety. I wish I could say I was accurate with it, but that would be a lie.

Basic plain hardwood forestock and butt. Never quite felt natural with it, but it's still sitting in the gun cabinet - and it will probably be there when I die.

The first real firearm (gunpowder propelled) I ever shot was a single shot 20 gauge. Boy did that literally "rock" my world. I grew to like that gun a lot after growing some and esspesially liked using is on Red squirells (sp) but eventually the real owner wanted it back. I have thought of getting one ever sence he took it back.

I got my first gun before I was even born. My grandfather was an avid hunter and really enjoyed his guns. He was going into the hospital for a pretty serious operation, and didn't figure he would be coming home. He handed my dad his favorite shotgun, a Remington Sportsman 58 12 guage, and told him to give it to me. I was going to be his first grandchild, and he wanted something for me to remember him by. Well, he ended up making it through the operation fine after all, but I kept the gun. It is the only thing I own that I will never part with. I more or less retired it, but still shoot it occassionally.

my first gun was a 410 single shot, with a hammer safty...got it when i was 7....still have it today, planning on giving it to my son soon. I believe it is a springfield, dont remember, its in my dads gun safe......highlight of this year though, my son just got his first gun for christmas today, its a chipmunk, in .17 rimfire, with a tasco 3 x 9 scope. He hit the can at 40 yrds on the second shot!!!....he is seven this year....what a shooter!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!!!!!!

I'm probably going to show my age here...my first gun was a 12 ga Winchester 97 with 30in. barrel that my Grampa bought back in the 1930's! He gave it to my Dad in the 50's and Dad gave it to me when I was 14. That big heavy old gun took more pheasant, quail, rabbits and about anything else you can imagine than any other gun I've owned. Believe it or not it's still in remarkably good shape and has most it's original blueing! I had hoped to give it to my son, but all I have is daughters. They would rather shoot my 20ga Remington 1100 lightweight... guess someday my grandson or maybe even great grandson will own this peice of family history.

I really love that old gun, it was my first and it will certainly be the last gun I own, too! Lots of fine memories... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Nikonut

My first gun was a chipmunk 22, but i got a w94 30 30 a little after. Now i also got a 257 weatherby mag. that i killed my first elk with at 400 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

First gun was a BB gun pistol, which the old man beat me with at about age 7, and that was my gun safety lesson. Always paid attention to where the thing was pointed after that. Old man died from drinkin when I was about 9, so I got the 22 Remington tube feed, and the Springfield Arms 30-06 with rear ramp sight for both elevation and windage. Nam Era USMC!

Back