which mounts do you like

I have to agree with the recommendation for Talley LW. These mounts are the only thing I will use, unless the situation does not allow for it.

Had plenty of Leupold rings and no problems yet. I put Seekins on my 243 and they are smooth as silk. They were very uniform and nicely made, just expensive.

When I was getting more serious with what I was putting on top of my rifles, I asked some no BS shooters on this forum and other places about rings and mounts. First and foremost they all told me steel steel and steel. LOL.

Most of them told me that unless you plan on using your scoped rig in a combat environment, running some hardcore tactical sniper comps, or the rifle is strictly for benchrest- tactical rings are not an absolute must.

I have always enjoyed the 1 piece rail mounts but these days I find myself going more and more with the Burris 2-piece steel tactical mounts. I really only mount scopes on my mounts, not lights, levels, night optics or stuff like that that might be on a another shooter's manning list to achieve their shooting mission requirements.

And all of my centerfire rifles are utilizing either Burris Z or Signature rings. I have had zero mounnting or retention issues with them. However, if a person that I am putting a rifle together for wants the comfort of 4-6 screw tactical mounts of a quality grade, I wont shung then from it.

Until recently I have used Leupold exclusively, no complaints. I have my first pair of Talley LWs ready to go on a custom 25-06 sporter. If you prefer solid steel cross slot rings, take a look at TPS. I have recently purchased two pairs and I am very impressed.

I love the warne vertically split rings. they are the only ones I trust to not leave ring marks on a scope other than signature zrings. I don find that the burris rings are very prone to rusting for some reason.

chuck

For my bolt actions I like Burris Zee rings which allow me to build some MOA into the scope and get perfect alignment if the holes are drilled off center.

On AR's I like Burris PERP forward mounts.

Back