Wolf versus American Pitbull Terrier?

Originally Posted By: UphillDocchucknbach-You have never seen a real pitbull if you think a coyote would whip one. A golden retriever has no better chance against a real pitbull than a poodle does.
IF a wolf was so inclined he would kill a pitbull about as quickly as he does any other dog. The notion that you could pit a wolf like you do two pitbulls is just your Disney imagination at work.

Take care.

Accually they used to fight badgers against dogs in wolf point, MT.

I had a Chesapeake Bay retriver that would tear apart pitbulls, seen it first had 2 times when I lived in Wyoming.

As far as a wolf vs pitbull, the pitbull would be a steaming pile of crap on the side of the trail.

In my opinion the pitbull has got to be the WORST breed of dog out there, what are they good for? attacking little kids, or fighting for money? They dont swim or retrive ducks or birds so why have one. That is one mutt that will not make it out of my cross hairs if I have the chance.

Originally Posted By: EJ Reichenbach

I had a Chesapeake Bay retriver that would tear apart pitbulls, seen it first had 2 times when I lived in Wyoming.

You guys and your claims about these bad azz killer retrievers crack me up.

Someday I'll tell ya some stories about my flying monkey.

In my opinion the pitbull has got to be the WORST breed of dog out there, what are they good for? attacking little kids, or fighting for money? They dont swim or retrive ducks or birds so why have one. That is one mutt that will not make it out of my cross hairs if I have the chance.

Actually they are very capable swimmers. Besides snacking on small children, fighting and making money, pits are handy for retrieving drowning retrievers.

Forget shooting pits. Bullets just bounce off. Unless of course it's a 17hmr.

UphillDoc said:

What are they good or you ask? Well I can name many, but I will just say a few. They make great dogs for families. The ones I have owned over the years has never bit a kid. They are safe around any kid you put in front of them (thats a fact). The pits you seen on tv, most of the time they are not full blooded. But just because they look like pits they are called pit bulls. You are no diferent than any big time media spewing bad things about this breed.

Pit bulls can swim just as good or better than any other breed. They are more loyal than any other breed. And yes I will admit, there can be a bad apple in any breed, but the ones that seem to get told about is these so called (killer pit bulls). They make great protection dogs. They will go far and beyond any other breed to protect the family and will die in most cases doing so. I have a 1 year old daughter, and a 8 year old son. There are many kids that come to my house to play. Not once have my dogs bit or shown any signs of attacking kids.

You talk about shooting someones dog (pit bull) if you had the chance? Buddy there are people out there that love thier dogs to the point you would no longer be breathing if you made that mistake. I know for one, I would pull the hammer back on a guy that had my dogs in his cross hairs.

Tim

Boy some people are dence. For one a pit vs wolf? There is no winner. Both will be dead 99%tired of the time. No not the red cropped ear rindstone wearing pits that J rock and T dog are leading down the street in Detroit. A good game bread pit is capable of alot more than most could imagine.

About pits being baby killars, and worthless, you sir are truly ignorant! I love when people post on the net how they are going to shoot random dogs cause they dont like them. I hate bird dogs. Any time i see a dog with a bird in its mouth i kill them with ninja weapons because i know they just attacked a helpless bird. lol.

I have had plenty of dogs shot by guys like you. Never once were they doing any thing wrong. I chalk it up to guys not being huged enough as a kid, so they start pulling wings off flies and such. As they grow up that black spot in their heart also grows and insects arent enough so they turn to killing dogs to try to make them selfs feel better! Pretty sad.

Do yourself a favor and be awefully careful about who's dog you shoot. And hope that when you get caught they keep it between the two of you. If the law gets involved shooting a dog can get pretty pricey.

Originally Posted By: doggin coyotesOriginally Posted By: EJ Reichenbach

Actually they are very capable swimmers. Besides snacking on small children, fighting and making money, pits are handy for retrieving drowning retrievers.

Forget shooting pits. Bullets just bounce off. Unless of course it's a 17hmr.

Doggin, have you ever made a serious post before? lol. This world would a truly boring place without guys like you! hahaha.

As far as the size, until you see a 20dog pound terrier pull a dead coyote out of a tube you will not understand how size really isnt a determining factor.

Most pits are dead in this situation, but there are still plenty out there that could get the job done!

Originally Posted By: Tim7581Originally Posted By: EJ Reichenbach
UphillDoc said:

What are they good or you ask? Well I can name many, but I will just say a few. They make great dogs for families. The ones I have owned over the years has never bit a kid. They are safe around any kid you put in front of them (thats a fact). The pits you seen on tv, most of the time they are not full blooded. But just because they look like pits they are called pit bulls. You are no diferent than any big time media spewing bad things about this breed.

Pit bulls can swim just as good or better than any other breed. They are more loyal than any other breed. And yes I will admit, there can be a bad apple in any breed, but the ones that seem to get told about is these so called (killer pit bulls). They make great protection dogs. They will go far and beyond any other breed to protect the family and will die in most cases doing so. I have a 1 year old daughter, and a 8 year old son. There are many kids that come to my house to play. Not once have my dogs bit or shown any signs of attacking kids.

You talk about shooting someones dog (pit bull) if you had the chance? Buddy there are people out there that love thier dogs to the point you would no longer be breathing if you made that mistake. I know for one, I would pull the hammer back on a guy that had my dogs in his cross hairs.

Tim

I wouldnt go into someones yard and shoot there pit bull if you think that your wrong. Alot of dogs in this country get shot for chasing cows, if one was a pit bull I wouldnt think twice about pulling the trigger, or anyother dog is it was chasing a deer or livestock.

You might want to think twice about threatening people on the internet with guns. Who never know who your mouthing off too. Just some advice it may get you in a jam.

There has been alot of dogs killed by wolf's since the introduction and most dont survive, and the ones that do usually have to be put down. There has been lots of hounds killed by wolf's and they are very tuff.

I dont think I threw a threat at anyone, it is more of a promise. Senondly, I dont care who I am talking to. You might want to watch what you say about shooting someones dog, that could get you in a jam.

Livestock is one thing, I could see someone protecting thier cattle. Funny you never brought that up in you're first post? All I seen you say was you would kill a pit bull if given the chance.

You say you would shoot a dog for chasing deer? Bud the thing you need to come to terms with is most dogs that you see while you are out "deer hunting" are not even chasing the deer. They just happen to run though you're stand.

I hunt dogs, even in deer season. My seasom comes in about the same time, and I dont think I should have to wait til the deer hunters get done before I turn my dogs loose. You, and others like you are the main reason I dont like most deer hunters. They think they own the woods and they can kill any dog that happens to run though "thier stand".

There are times when I have a pit bull running with my other dogs, and it would be he11 to pay for a deer hunter who shoots my dog.

You can take the post you thought was a threat however you want to. He11 feel free to call me in to whoever you think would be best. It would not be the first time I have been called in on. And im sure it wont be the last.

Happy New Year!

Tim

Originally Posted By: Tim7581I dont think I threw a threat at anyone, it is more of a promise. Senondly, I dont care who I am talking to. You might want to watch what you say about shooting someones dog, that could get you in a jam.

Livestock is one thing, I could see someone protecting thier cattle. Funny you never brought that up in you're first post? All I seen you say was you would kill a pit bull if given the chance.

You say you would shoot a dog for chasing deer? Bud the thing you need to come to terms with is most dogs that you see while you are out "deer hunting" are not even chasing the deer. They just happen to run though you're stand.

I hunt dogs, even in deer season. My seasom comes in about the same time, and I dont think I should have to wait til the deer hunters get done before I turn my dogs loose. You, and others like you are the main reason I dont like most deer hunters. They think they own the woods and they can kill any dog that happens to run though "thier stand".

There are times when I have a pit bull running with my other dogs, and it would be he11 to pay for a deer hunter who shoots my dog.

You can take the post you thought was a threat however you want to. He11 feel free to call me in to whoever you think would be best. It would not be the first time I have been called in on. And im sure it wont be the last.

Happy New Year!

Tim

Well whatever floats your boat mister. I can tell your getting very upset, I have to deal with guys chasing cats and sometimes they end up in my traps not a big deal. You make me out to be some kind of a dog hater. I just dont like pitbulls never have.

Bottom line Wolf vs Pitbull. Need I say anymore. Say what you want I am out.

Ok, maybe I can agree with you on one thing. I did get a little heated with you.

You have every right not to like pit bulls if you want to. I dont like a lot of people, but that does not mean I am going to put them in my cross hairs.

We did get off topic.

Wolf vs pit bull = who cares!

Tim

Originally Posted By: Tim7581Originally Posted By: roode301 Originally Posted By: Mutter87Seems like most of you have no idea what you are talking about.

The Pitbull would win, Without a doubt. A wolf is not a game animal, He would get bit a few times and take off, The wolf would not fight until the end. This is a fact not an opinion, The Pitbull would not run, The wolf would.

People seem to think the size of the Wolf is the determining factor, They have no heart, That is what the issue is.

Look another New Guy that knows it all.
lol.gif

Yeah roode, you must be some kind of expert? He stated what he thinks, and since you dont agree(he is a know it all?) Take you're head out of you're azz.

Looks to me like chuck is a new guy to? I dont believe what he says is true but oh well, no need for me to be a d*ck about it.

Tim

I walk straight up no worries bud. I had a wolf hybird 115 pounds that killed 2 pits on seprate times. They made put it down or was going to charge me. He was only a year and a half old and on a chain. So when he tells me I don't know what I am talking about I take offence to it. People that could not keep their dogs on there own proptery cost me my dog.

Originally Posted By: roode301Originally Posted By: Tim7581Originally Posted By: roode301 Originally Posted By: Mutter87Seems like most of you have no idea what you are talking about.

The Pitbull would win, Without a doubt. A wolf is not a game animal, He would get bit a few times and take off, The wolf would not fight until the end. This is a fact not an opinion, The Pitbull would not run, The wolf would.

People seem to think the size of the Wolf is the determining factor, They have no heart, That is what the issue is.

Look another New Guy that knows it all.
lol.gif

Yeah roode, you must be some kind of expert? He stated what he thinks, and since you dont agree(he is a know it all?) Take you're head out of you're azz.

Looks to me like chuck is a new guy to? I dont believe what he says is true but oh well, no need for me to be a d*ck about it.

Tim

I walk straight up no worries bud. I had a wolf hybird 115 pounds that killed 2 pits on seprate times. They made put it down or was going to charge me. He was only a year and a half old and on a chain. So when he tells me I don't know what I am talking about I take offence to it. People that could not keep their dogs on there own proptery cost me my dog.

You should have gotten a retriever. They leave them alive so they can tear on them another time when they are having a bad day.

Yeah, I believe you. Most of these guys never seen a pitbull fight other than u-tube, let alone other breeds of dogs.

Chesapeake bay retriever probably one of the toughest dogs to walk the face of the planet. They are knot headed, a-holes with a dominant streak a mile long. What was it Teddy Roosevelt said about them? I'll hunt a lab all day long only to be out smarted by the Golden, bring them home to be whooped by the Chesapeake.

This thread is for sure entertaining. I think I should get me a good bird dog, I could make a fortune off of naive pitbull owners.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: EJ ReichenbachThere has been alot of dogs killed by wolf's since the introduction and most dont survive, and the ones that do usually have to be put down. There has been lots of hounds killed by wolf's and they are very tuff.

EJ-Are you sure that most dogs killed by wolfs dont survive?
lol.gif
Very tuff hounds and pitbull killin retrievers...you keep them chained up next to the Leprachaun and the pot of gold??? I hate to burst your bubble, but there is no tooth fairy or easter bunny either. Keep the dream alive...
drool.gif

Take care.

Yeah, I believe you. Most of these guys never seen a pitbull fight other than u-tube, let alone other breeds of dogs.

Chesapeake bay retriever probably one of the toughest dogs to walk the face of the planet. They are knot headed, a-holes with a dominant streak a mile long. What was it Teddy Roosevelt said about them? I'll hunt a lab all day long only to be out smarted by the Golden, bring them home to be whooped by the Chesapeake.

This thread is for sure entertaining. I think I should get me a good bird dog, I could make a fortune off of naive pitbull owners.
wink.gif
[/quote]

chucknbach-If your momma could give you an advance on your allowance...Im sure there is somebody with a bulldog that would oblige you. You may even be able to quit your paper route with all the money your gonna win...
rolleyes.gif

Take care.

I notice that those for the pitbull are purely speculating and have absolutely nothing to add experience wise.

So far there are examples of 2 pits being killed by a wolf hybrid, 2 being whipped by a retriever. A golden whipping 2 at once and have personally seen at least 3 other pits whipped by the golden. We don't hear anything the other way around because it is rare. I have seen pits win with other dogs their size. Had one get in my yard and attack my female rotty she successfully defended no winner as my dog successfully avoided the attacks, no she didn't run. Yes, it was a fighting pit as my neighbors bred and fought them. I also had a Queensland heeler that would have gotten killed if he fought one of them.

Thinking a pit can take any dog or wolf will not make it true. Things are what they are. I Guess if some mellow, none aggressive, family bird dog tears up your pitbull leaving in a chewed up bloody heap on the ground, I doubt I'll be able to convince you that your fighting pitbull didn't win.

Too much ego tied up in your dogs, I just can't do anything but shake my head and laugh.

Back