Woodpecker distress

Vmax,
Check out this website.
http://www.10x50.com/sounds.htm

Download the Green Woodpecker and use Goldwave to copy paste the sounds you like. Then repeat for however long you want. If you don't like that sound just type in bird sounds on google and find some on the birder's websites. Good luck.

-Snowcamoman

Have one of your kids do the machine gun trill while blowing into your favorite call. Watson showed me that trick. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

I just picked up the Johnny Stewart CT116C - Yellowhammer Woodpecker..... How close does that come to the sounds you all have found successful?

The Johnny Stewart CT116C is the tape I've had the most success with over the years. If I could own only one recording, that'd be it.

Thank you, Gentlemen! I liked the sound - just needed to know if the beasts would like it! I had almost always used the CT102C Cottontail Distress in the past. Then I saw all the woodpecker comments on this site. I never would have thought it would sound like it did!

Thanks again!
me!

I like the Flicker too that's on my FoxPro. Everything seems to like it. The starling call works well also. Just something different I guess.

Danport, Welcome to PM. That sound should work. You'd want to make it repeat over and over, but it'd certainly work. It might be easier to buy the sound on CD or tape if you're not familiar with programs to customize sounds.

I think that sound would work great for calling cats.

You will need to be able to download it to your computer, and then Download Goldwave in order to loop the sound to get it to run continuously.

Back