World finest trimmer

i just bought the WFT2 but I haven't tried it out yet. I am just getting started in reloading so I don't have any other trimmer to make a "master" case for me to set it up off of. I am taking a couple cases to a friend to have him cut them to length so I can set it up. I'll know more in a couple days.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Yes...and they are awesome. I have the 5in1 modified with a 6mm neck for my 6x45. Very fast, very accurate, money well spent.

I have the 5/1 as well...did you modify for 6X45mm or did Little Crow? I would like to do that as well.

Originally Posted By: dwayi just bought the WFT2 but I haven't tried it out yet. I am just getting started in reloading so I don't have any other trimmer to make a "master" case for me to set it up off of. I am taking a couple cases to a friend to have him cut them to length so I can set it up. I'll know more in a couple days.

C'mon Man!
Just make your own, how do you think the rest of us get it done?

Trim one, measure, adjust.... Its simple. If you cut it a touch too short its no big deal and its not ruined just re-adjust and try again on a different piece of brass. Once you get it set where you want it mark that piece of brass with a sharpie or a wrap of tape around the base and set it aside as your master.

Edit to add.
Measure your brass, you probably have at least one that pretty darn close to your trim to measurement.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FurhunterOriginally Posted By: dwayi just bought the WFT2 but I haven't tried it out yet. I am just getting started in reloading so I don't have any other trimmer to make a "master" case for me to set it up off of. I am taking a couple cases to a friend to have him cut them to length so I can set it up. I'll know more in a couple days.

C'mon Man!

Trim one, measure, adjust.... Its simple. If you cut it a touch too short its no big deal and its not ruined just re-adjust and try again on a different piece of brass. Once you get it set where you want it mark that piece of brass with a sharpie or a wrap of tape around the base and set it aside as your master.

Edit to add.
Measure your brass, you probably have at least one that pretty darn close to your trim to measurement.

I thought about doing that, but I found out the battery in my digital calipers is dead (going to Walmart tomorrow for a new battery). I am probably being too anal about the whole thing, but the main reason I am having him trim them on his Lyman trimmer because I want the "master" case trimmed to exactly 1.75" so I can see how precise the WFT2 actually is. Also, I don't really want to try to make .01" adjustments on it when you can just use an already trimmed one to hopefully just set it and forget it.

Originally Posted By: venaticOriginally Posted By: pahntr760Yes...and they are awesome. I have the 5in1 modified with a 6mm neck for my 6x45. Very fast, very accurate, money well spent.

I have the 5/1 as well...did you modify for 6X45mm or did Little Crow? I would like to do that as well.

Little Crow did at the time of the order. I'd imagine they would for noting or very little if you sent you existing one back.

Originally Posted By: dwayOriginally Posted By: FurhunterOriginally Posted By: dwayi just bought the WFT2 but I haven't tried it out yet. I am just getting started in reloading so I don't have any other trimmer to make a "master" case for me to set it up off of. I am taking a couple cases to a friend to have him cut them to length so I can set it up. I'll know more in a couple days.

C'mon Man!

Edit to add.

I thought about doing that, but I found out the battery in my digital calipers is dead (going to Walmart tomorrow for a new battery). I am probably being too anal about the whole thing, but the main reason I am having him trim them on his Lyman trimmer because I want the "master" case trimmed to exactly 1.75" so I can see how precise the WFT2 actually is. Also, I don't really want to try to make .01" adjustments on it when you can just use an already trimmed one to hopefully just set it and forget it.

Well I got some really bad news for you.

The WFT trimmer trims length based off the shoulder not the back of the case where you measure from. That means you can set it to trim a case dead nuts 1.75 and you will probably get a majority of your brass that length. However.. Those cases that might be longer or shorter from the shoulder to the case head are just that after their trimmed.... Some longer and some shorter than 1.75

They are a great trimmer, fast, easy to use but if you are anal and want perfection, you should have bought a Wilson.

I can't believe what I'm reading, the WFT is so easy to adjust you don't need to send it anywhere, or have any master cases pre made. Sometimes I wonder if some people should even be reloading. It's like the meathead on the infomercial, set it and forget it. I don't think you can find anything more accurate for trimming cases, so your friend will be using your WFT once he sees how it trims

I have one and yes, the WFT trims length based off the shoulder, which results in +/- 0.003 OAL after trimming your AR brass. You will normally get shorter brass than expected.

Your brass from a tight chamber bolt rifle might be a little more consistent using the WFT?? but I was a little disappointed and called them on my results using AR fired brass. They offered a full refund if I wasn't happy but they also added that in their experience I shouldn't notice any lose in accuracy.

The accuracy was not my concern as the loaded cases shot just fine, but I like my trimmed brass to be on the money, so I'm back to my Hornady hand trimmer - but like one poster advised - the Wilson is the top flight hand trimmer, especially if you get the Sinclair version and it's pretty fast but expensive.

The Sinclair one is a great tool. However, I was using a bushing die to size my cases and that caused the case neck to hardly project out of the case holder for trimming. I was told that it didn't matter how much of the neck was exposed. Some of the Sinclair case holders are made for fired cases and some for new cases. All in all, I went with Redding type S dies and my problem was solved. The Sinclair is easy to set up and accurate. It's also pretty quick but, I was after accuracy not speed.

Originally Posted By: JoeyJYour brass from a tight chamber bolt rifle might be a little more consistent using the WFT?? but I was a little disappointed and called them on my results using AR fired brass. They offered a full refund if I wasn't happy but they also added that in their experience I shouldn't notice any lose in accuracy.

Are you not sizing your brass before trimming them? If you size the brass first, I'm not seeing how a chamber size matters. Am I missing something?

If you are worried of .003" difference, you're being way over anal. And I've not seen any other trimmer meet those standards. If all your brass is sized the same, indexing from the shoulder should prover more consistent.

Originally Posted By: SnaggltoofI can't believe what I'm reading, the WFT is so easy to adjust you don't need to send it anywhere, or have any master cases pre made. Sometimes I wonder if some people should even be reloading. It's like the meathead on the infomercial, set it and forget it. I don't think you can find anything more accurate for trimming cases, so your friend will be using your WFT once he sees how it trims
I am surprised you are even reading at all. IF you had read the instructions that came with the WFT you will see that it mentions having a master case that is pre-sized and pre-cut to make setting the cutter easier. Maybe someone who doesn't read instructions shouldn't be reloading.

Back