Sgt_Mike
Well-known member
It will be interesting to see those results as well Bill. Looks like you scored a winner. Look forward to you posting more results.I plan to shoot some different bullets and different powders next time out.
It will be interesting to see those results as well Bill. Looks like you scored a winner. Look forward to you posting more results.I plan to shoot some different bullets and different powders next time out.
Yes Sir its a 10 twist.Any idea what the twist is?
Ordinally this would just struck me as wrong... then I recalled it did not have a factory barrel, yeah a Lilja. Now I'm even more interested.Yes Sir its a 10 twist.
Sounds like you stumbled onto a solid custom build! A Remington 700 with a Lilja barrel, Sako extractor, and custom bedding in a McMillan stock is a dream setup for a .223. Shame about the trigger seller talk, but everything else points to a seriously well crafted shooteI have a weakness for 22 caliber rifles or so it seems. I picked up another 223 this weekend. Its a Remington 700 and suppose to have a Lilja barrel. I bought it from a guy walking the floor at a gunshow. He said it had a Trigger Tech trigger but I knew right off it wasn't. I told him it wasn't and then he said it was a Timney. I have a few of them and knew it wasn't Timney either. It's in a McMillan stock with molded in camo and all the metal is ceracoated a tan color. It has a tactical knob on the bolt and its also spiral fluted. The barrel is heavy, which I like, and threaded fora suppressor or break. I pulled the bolt when I got home and it has a Sako extractor, another plus!! I finally got around to pulling the action out of the stock and it was TIGHT with a very nice bedding job. I can't scope the barrel but I used my OAL modified case and a 55 grain VMax and touching the lands was easy with an OAL a little less than 2.250 so I think the throat is going to be fine.
Whenever you need a quick break to clear your head, check out TonyBet Alberta for exciting sports action today!
We put up a reactive coyote target at 200yds this week. Its fun to shoot.Bill, the new steel is awesome. Saw them for the first time this morning. Thank you for all of your hard work.
Bobby