Your Pic of the Day

Another gorgeous sunrise on the first stand of the morning @ my #1 favorite coyote stand
1716221163193.jpeg

Spurchaser, Yesterday morning a Hen with 12 Chicks crossed the road in front of me, that's the most chicks i have seen with 1 Hen for years, seeing a lot of Quail Chicks , Predator control is working. Murl B.

When I come upon a gathering like this, first shot would be the big red sow, the others would scatter to cover. I would wait quietly and in a few minutes the smaller piglets would come back to see where mama is, wait a little longer and the remainder bigger ones would most likely come back and the shooting starts again. This plan has worked for me several times. I just love hunting hogs!:LOL:

Chachalacas get their name from their raucus calls (see video following). In S. Tx it is not uncommon to be awaken to their loud serenades, especially in the spring. If they suddenly become silent, better check on your peach trees, etc. because they are probably working over the crop.
1716746651804.jpeg

Last edited:
<iframe width="1128" height="634" src="" title="Screaming Chachalacas!" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When I come upon a gathering like this, first shot would be the big red sow, the others would scatter to cover. I would wait quietly and in a few minutes the smaller piglets would come back to see where mama is, wait a little longer and the remainder bigger ones would most likely come back and the shooting starts again. This plan has worked for me several times. I just love hunting hogs!:LOL:
100% correct. Shoot as many as you can, but start with the biggest and then wait. I’ll even record the video from my thermal to my phone while waiting then scan again. The trick is no noise and no light at night. 10-15 minutes is the longest I’ve waited before they’re back. Shoot again and repeat until they’re all dead or don’t come back after 20min or so.

Back