Best budget scope

Also, a friend of mine has Nikon's Coyote special (3-9x40 I believe) and he seems to really like it. I think he paid around $300 for it. I haven't looked through it myself, but if it's as clear as my 3-9x50 Buckmaster, it's a winner.

I'm not disappointed with my Nikon or Vortex. A Coyote Special will cost more for the camo and reticle than a run of the mill Buckmaster.

The Redfield's are fenominal, I put the 3-9x50 on my ar and have'nt missed anything since, and the lifetime warranty ain't bad either.

Last edited:
Any other current deals going on right now? That Burris FFII looked like a great price but I'm assuming that sale is over as I can't find it on the SWFA site.

Leaning towards a Bushnell 3200 unless someone talks me out of it.

+1 on the Redfields although I only have the 3x9x40 versions. I have the accurange and standard reticle and would recommend the standard reticle for all around shooting. Much easier to line up the sights on paper targets with the standard reticle. Both clear as I can tell and great light transmission.

How about some of the Cabelas brand scopes? Has anyone used the 5x Alpha or the Alaskan Guide scopes with the EXT reticle? Does anyone know which company makes these scopes for Cabelas?

Agree with Okdave on checking the Nitrex by Weaver at www.natchezss.com They are a very good buy for a quality scope. Have a couple of the Nitrex TR2 scopes, outstanding scope for the price I paid. Optics are top notch.

I've got a Nitrex and I love it. Unfortunately I am not interested in the models they have left available.

So, it's more than likely going to be a Bushnell 3200 unless someone thinks otherwise.

Originally Posted By: coondoggI see the burris fulfield 2 for 299.00 at swfa. Am i missing something?

Not sure. I checked and they are at $179 for a FFII 3x-9x-40. You might take a look at the new E1 as well. $20 more with an independent magnification ring, nicer turrets, and the new E1 reticle.

Lots of good reasonable priced scopes are available now and people really feel passionate about them, as we can see on this thread....

I'm currently working with Vortex and Redfield scopes and I'm very impressed with both. Both have "no questions asked" lifetime repair policies and as a major consideration, they both offer fully transferable warranty's to later owners and don't require a sales receipt.

That has a great influence on the resale value of their scopes. Just another added issue you might want to consider by these two outstanding optic product manufacturers.....

Originally Posted By: TDCLots of good reasonable priced scopes are available now and people really feel passionate about them, as we can see on this thread....

I'm currently working with Vortex and Redfield scopes and I'm very impressed with both. Both have "no questions asked" lifetime repair policies and as a major consideration, they both offer fully transferable warranty's to later owners and don't require a sales receipt.

That has a great influence on the resale value of their scopes. Just another added issue you might want to consider by these two outstanding optic product manufacturers.....

yep. box it up and ship it!

Once a person gets to a price point say $130.00 really ease of warranty should cross ones mind.

Except for my wife. I've never seen people keep track of reciepts!3-10 Years? Really it becomes a fire hazard for some folk's on all the stuff they will probably own in their life!

That to me is a BIG PLUS. any company with a set of ball's and faith in their product would not require a reciept! That does indeed put a small few manufactures ahead of others!

Back