Boyds gunstock terrible service

Some, maybe even many, may not agree with this and that's ok but I've used Boyd's stocks on a few rimfires and one centerfire. I knew going into it their product/s were just decent, certainly wouldn't consider them top tier but they're a decent stock and considering what they cost, even if I have to do a little messaging to make them fit because they aren't perfect, I can live with it. To date, the only stock I've bought from them that required any work was the one I put on my Bmag and it was minimal, maybe 10 minutes worth of fitting was required to make it fit perfect, certainly no big deal.

The only one I've used on a centerfire was the one I put on my CZ 527 Varmint 204. I had to do a good amount of sanding in the barrel channel to make it fit but I knew that ahead of time because they only inlet the stock I wanted for the American with the skinny barrel so it was no fault of Boyd's and like I said, I knew I'd need to open up the barrel channel before I ever placed the order.

They do have their issues from time to time but so does McM, Manners, and HS Prec. and good luck getting one of their stocks for $130. lol

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Winny FanIf its any consolation, Cabby, in truth, you're far from the only person who has complained on the internet about Boyd's less than stellar customer service. I've never bought from them so I have no idea myself but its not an unusual thing to see someone less than happy with Boyd's treatment.

One thing you need to learn here to keep the forum rock stars happy with you is that if you mention something they don't like for whatever reason they'll pounce. Case in point - Please don't even hint at anything bad about a Savage. That really raises the hackles on some necks.

Lol know what you mean about the savages... my dad was never a fan he liked m70's and 700's so I am kinda that way. I bought a bmag for my first savage trial and it was a turd. He said told ya so. Then I found a fluted barrel .17hmr scoped combo marked down way cheaper than it should have been and gave them one more try. I have been pleasantly surprised with that 1 and gotta say the triggers are nice. That being said the model 70 Winchesters are still my favorite. I was disappointed though when I rolled my 150th anniversary 270 over and saw made in Portugal on the barrel.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Winny FanIf its any consolation, Cabby, in truth, you're far from the only person who has complained on the internet about Boyd's less than stellar customer service. I've never bought from them so I have no idea myself but its not an unusual thing to see someone less than happy with Boyd's treatment.

One thing you need to learn here to keep the forum rock stars happy with you is that if you mention something they don't like for whatever reason they'll pounce. Case in point - Please don't even hint at anything bad about a Savage. That really raises the hackles on some necks.

Spoken from the Head Rock Star himself! Always laying and waiting for the chance to start something. Never missing a chance to try to make something out of nothing. Very typical. Why should one think any different?

For what its worth, I did have one bad deal with Boyd's on a slow shipment but Boyds did make it right. I have since ordered a few more and everything went smooth and plan on using them again. If my "frog" comment offended you or anyone else, sorry about that but people do get busy. Like people have said, their customer service is not the greatest and could use some improvement but it is what it is.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: Winny FanIf its any consolation, Cabby, in truth, you're far from the only person who has complained on the internet about Boyd's less than stellar customer service. I've never bought from them so I have no idea myself but its not an unusual thing to see someone less than happy with Boyd's treatment.

Spoken from the Head Rock Star himself! Always laying and waiting for the chance to start something. Never missing a chance to try to make something out of nothing. Very typical. Why should one think any different?

For what its worth, I did have one bad deal with Boyd's on a slow shipment but Boyds did make it right. I have since ordered a few more and everything went smooth and plan on using them again. If my "frog" comment offended you or anyone else, sorry about that but people do get busy. Like people have said, their customer service is not the greatest and could use some improvement but it is what it is.

No rock star here. I'm the guy who gets pillared for setting some "facts" square when rock star froggies like you go into attack mode or go off on a fantasy trail expecting everyone to follow your every word.

You're the one who went into attack mode on the OP with your usually not well-thought out froggie approach. Probably in this case because his post count doesn't compare favorably to yours.

Go calm down with some tomato juice or something and text a friend who will nod his keyboard in the affirmative. Or go shoot one of your Savages.

If I came off sounding like I was attacking the OP, I never meant it to be an attack on him. Just stating that sometime people get busy and don't respond as soon as we would like them to especially when your looking at buying two stocks and only needing one. Glad it got resolved.

Now, to winny fan. Why do you always want to start crap. Quoting you, You have never bought a Boyd's stock so you don't know about their customer service. That right there lets you out of a conversation you have no knowledge about. I have bought several stocks from Boyd's and am very well aware of their CS. You just jump in to start crap which is pretty normal for you. Unless you have hands on information about the subject, you really should mind your own business and quit trying to start something. Your tomato can remark and your Savage remark was nothing but a hateful remark trying to start trouble as pretty normal with you. So, in all due respect....STFU!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TripleDeuce660They jerked me around for months. Eventually I posted a review like this one and sent them the link. What do you know, they read the emails, but they do not respond. After I sent the link to the bad review I got a phone call within the hour and they resolved it. I have inlcluded the email of the person who resolved the issue, and has the power to do so. The person you get on the phone or email is just reading the script...Jill got things done, email her directly. Good luck.

Jill Duncan [:JillD@boydsgunstocks.com]

I've read other stuff about Jill being super helpful. Amazing how sending the link worked huh?

No worries on the frog deal. I realize the world doesn't exactly work like that, although I wish it did. It kind of made me po'd that i could call and talk to a human salesperson every time but the customer service couldn't call back sometime before the end of the day. Like i say it did get fixed with some extra effort and now i look forward to checking out the stock.

I built two identical varmint/varmint guns on Savage actions and Boyds stocks and they preform great, the 22-250 I just screwed down and didn't bother to bed it, it shoots itty bitty groups, the second a 222 Rem I bedded with two strips of electricians tape and it shoots little groups and kills & wins stuff. You can't ask much more from a $100 stock.

Originally Posted By: pyscodog

Now, to winny fan. Why do you always want to start crap. Quoting you, You have never bought a Boyd's stock so you don't know about their customer service. That right there lets you out of a conversation you have no knowledge about. I have bought several stocks from Boyd's and am very well aware of their CS. You just jump in to start crap which is pretty normal for you. Unless you have hands on information about the subject, you really should mind your own business and quit trying to start something. Your tomato can remark and your Savage remark was nothing but a hateful remark trying to start trouble as pretty normal with you. So, in all due respect....STFU!!

thumbup.gif

Very well said, Bill. Very well indeed. It's a real pity that some people have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives than to go around trying to start s#it everywhere they go. Obviously they are very sad people that are completely devoid of any friends. Gee! I wonder why that is? Not.

Originally Posted By: RustydustOriginally Posted By: pyscodog

thumbup.gif

Very well said, Bill. Very well indeed. It's a real pity that some people have nothing better to do with their pathetic lives than to go around trying to start s#it everywhere they go. Obviously they are very sad people that are completely devoid of any friends. Gee! I wonder why that is? Not.

Why do I have to be quiet when the two of you discuss topics you know nothing about all of the time? Like things involving juice cans, and, etc., etc. Double standard?

Juice, I'm not sure about Idaho and Oklahoma, but in Texas it's against the law to practice Psychology without a license.

I'd stick around and say more but I'm off to have a late breakfast with some friend I don't have.
laugh.gif

Probably imaginary friends. A Happy Meal from McDonalds setting in front of the statue of Ronald. He can't talk back.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: pyscodogProbably imaginary friends.

thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

LOL!!

Likely as many "friends" in the real world as he has UBB Buddies here!

Well, he has no one to blame but himself. Mr Congeniality he aint!

LOL!! You old boys are working hard to try to be creative when it comes to saving face.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: pyscodogMe to Slick, me to.

To get the most effect, psycho, you need to use proper syntax. Like this:

“Me too, Slick. Me too.”

From the Free dictionary: Syntax refers to the ways in which we order specific words to create logical, meaningful sentences. While the parts of speech are all the different types of words that we can use, syntax is the set of rules, patterns, or processes by which we can put them together.

Since you also seem to be experts on McDonalds, I have a question? Can you get an omlette and waffle combo there that you can chase with coffee and a glass of chilled tomato juice, no ice, with a sprinkle of pepper on top?

I’m gonna’ miss ya’ll and your butt-hurt comedy routine for a couple of weeks. I’m catching a plane early tomorrow morning to go north of both of you to do a little bit of hunting, and I’m not sure how the internet service will be. One of my make-believe friends is going along with me so I won’t have to talk to myself.

Maybe while I’m gone you can meet each other half way between OK and ID and share a “Big Mac Super-Size It Meal” and give each other high fives in my absence. As a matter of fact, Rusty, if you take your 220 Swift along, it will add to the conversation. I'm talking about the one that you say talks to you. Ya’ll can have a three way conversation with it there. Does it do high fives? And be sure to order tomato juice with your Big Mac.

Maybe as you're passing through on your great white hunt to the north country, we have a get together at RD's place and you all can sit around the campfire, hold hands and sing kumbaya.

And just to show my good nature, I'll even spring for the big mac's, quarter pounders and french fries. Come on Winny, whatya say???

Originally Posted By: B23 And just to show my good nature, I'll even spring for the big mac's, quarter pounders and french fries. Come on Winny, whatya say???

That sounds great, Bryan. Except, of course, the part of inviting Winey Winny. Very unlikely that any function that I was to attend would he ever be welcome.

But he can send over all of his good friends that he wishes. All none of them.

Last edited:
Running low on ammo. Now its my grammar. LOL You just got to love idiots. I forgot, he's an engineer. Smartest dumb people you will ever work with. Have a good trip. I'm sure you will be missed. Not by me but maybe someone. You have a dog??

I’m gonna’ miss ya’ll and your butt-hurt comedy routine for a couple of weeks. I’m catching a plane early tomorrow morning to go north of both of you to do a little bit of hunting, and I’m not sure how the internet service will be. One of my make-believe friends is going along with me so I won’t have to talk to myself.

[/quote]

As Curly Bill said to Wyatt Earp in the movie Tombstone....."Bye".

Originally Posted By: pyscodogRunning low on ammo. Now its my grammar. LOL You just got to love idiots. I forgot, he's an engineer. Smartest dumb people you will ever work with. Have a good trip. I'm sure you will be missed. Not by me but maybe someone. You have a dog??

lol.gif

Back