catshooter banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: Smokeless I have spoken to CatShooter, and he assured me that ZERO warnings had been issued and that the ax came swinging from the top level.

I can assure you he is lying to you. Over the last couple years he has received warnings. He dont want to admit it. I can assure you that before someone reaches the point of being banned that they have received numerous warnings and ignored them. Even those that are suspended receive several prior to it happening. It is amazing that none of them will admit to anything.

Not a stir, but a question. Your statement is a direct contradiction of what Bobtails has posted here. So, by that statement, you're saying he is untruthful.

Talking to you about it is a waste of time because you already have your mind made up about what you believe. You have already mentioned what you think of the admin and their thoughts, havent you. You wouldnt believe anything that any of us have to say.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogOriginally Posted By: 2muchgunThe easiest way to dispel a rumor is to tell everyone the truth.

I'll miss Cat........

me too!
me too

Gentlemen, I can assure you there is nothing mod/admin would enjoy more than all the membership here at PM to agree on everything and get along with no drama. That of course will never happen. It's how you the members act and respond that dictates how things go. Let's not let this post deteriorate any further than it has already please.

I was trying to not shut down dialog but maybe I was wrong.

Originally Posted By: SmokelessAs this goes on and the more the Admin responds, I am starting to see a trend....

Anyone in support of CatShooter and Doggin, for the most part, is considered "old guard" or "old Heads" as it was put, and are just a bunch of nasty, mean old guys with attitudes that need to either shape up or ship out. It seems to me that a certain kind of attempt to "purge" the forum is going on.

Throw out a couple of the king pins, and when they start "whining" show them the door.

Some of us are mad as he11 that we don't know why, or havent been offered a good explanation, as to why either of the two mentioned members were banned. I have spoken to CatShooter, and he assured me that ZERO warnings had been issued and that the ax came swinging from the top level. If I ask why such a prominent member in good standing was banned, I am a whiner? The pure bull scat in all of this stinks to high heaven. Don't ask questions, don't even look them in the eye. Just go about your business. We don't live like that here. None of us do.

Another thing. The old guard keeps things running around here. They even know answers to things the Admin doesn't know... Some of this stuff you just cant guess at. You need real answers.

I know, I know.... Im whining, and if I don't like it there is the door.... I got it.

Pretty much the way I see it also Smokeless.
This site and a few others I know have gone the way the whole country seems to be going and that is, zero thinking only reacting with feelings. And you talk about thin skinned people now days, [beeep].
rolleyes.gif

Catshooter and several others that are on here or USED to be on here could go more than 3 questions deep on most gun, hunting, or reloading subject you cared to come up with. And I'll bet that ability came from experience, paying attention, doing they're homework, so tell me, if you put in that kind of time why is there a requirement that you suffer fools???? I was told many years ago by a mentor, "boy, if you can't go more than 3 questions deep on a subject, keep your [beeep] mouth shut". I can't imagine how I ever learned anything with all those meanies that said such hurtful and demeaning things to me back in those days.
Oh, the insensitivity of it, whatever shall we do.
glare.gif

Originally Posted By: marcoFurhunter, you don't like me do you?

I don't know about Furhunter, but I sure don't. I didn't have an opinion of you before but after your several post on this thread it was easy to figure you out. Reading through this thread has given me insight on several posters. I have gained an appreciation for some and some lost ground. Doesn't mean anything to anyone but me, but to me I am damm important.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: reb8600Originally Posted By: Smokeless I have spoken to CatShooter, and he assured me that ZERO warnings had been issued and that the ax came swinging from the top level.

I can assure you he is lying to you. Over the last couple years he has received warnings. He dont want to admit it. I can assure you that before someone reaches the point of being banned that they have received numerous warnings and ignored them. Even those that are suspended receive several prior to it happening. It is amazing that none of them will admit to anything.

In the court of opinion. Proof is a powerful tool. Care to present any?

3 of the accused say no. The administration says yes. Hard to believe a conviction without proof.

Seems to me that the truth is whatever you deem it to be and we all need to trust that. Where in these United States does anything work that way?

There is a disconnect here in policy. Major players are removed from the forums. They claim innocent or claim a valiant attempt to fix or repair damage, but the higher ups say nope they are guilty (trust us) and string them up!

I, at least understand that this same ax hangs over all of our heads. With no assurance of fairness. Hard to feel comfortable in that. Where is the line in the sand exactly? Divulge at least some of the facts surrounding the story. Throwing out that bit about TOS is nothing more than smoke screen designed to mud up the water. TOS interpretation to the administration can be vastly different than that of a member/user without specific clarification.

If I get CatShooter to agree to allow his "personal corenspondance" with the administration to be aired in public would you clear the air?

After reading this whole thread and all the discussion about the TOS, administration and truth I can't help but think of something I was in the middle in about two years ago with Specialized Dynamics. There were many threads that kept disappearing regarding Scott and his poor customer service. Yet all my research on the board prior to ordering an upper from him were positive. All I could think about is I wish some of these threads containing the customer service complaints were still around when I ordered from him.....I probably wouldn't have done so. I only bring this up in this thread because I feel that there is this ever present smoke screen here and definitely some "good ole boy" club as well. After exchanging lots of PM's with other members that were bit by Scott as well during that period, it leaves me scratching my head as to what was being hidden, kinda like this!

thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: spotstalkshootMan, to many have drank the sensitivity coolaide offered in our public schools the last 30 years. It cannot hurt that bad to be disagreed with.

Going, GOING, GONE!!!

Originally Posted By: SmokelessAs this goes on and the more the Admin responds, I am starting to see a trend....

Anyone in support of CatShooter and Doggin, for the most part, is considered "old guard" or "old Heads" as it was put, and are just a bunch of nasty, mean old guys with attitudes that need to either shape up or ship out. It seems to me that a certain kind of attempt to "purge" the forum is going on.

Throw out a couple of the king pins, and when they start "whining" show them the door.

Some of us are mad as he11 that we don't know why, or havent been offered a good explanation, as to why either of the two mentioned members were banned. I have spoken to CatShooter, and he assured me that ZERO warnings had been issued and that the ax came swinging from the top level. If I ask why such a prominent member in good standing was banned, I am a whiner? The pure bull scat in all of this stinks to high heaven. Don't ask questions, don't even look them in the eye. Just go about your business. We don't live like that here. None of us do.

Another thing. The old guard keeps things running around here. They even know answers to things the Admin doesn't know... Some of this stuff you just cant guess at. You need real answers.

I know, I know.... Im whining, and if I don't like it there is the door.... I got it.

There are crybabies in all forums who are experts in getting rid of the people in forums they do not like for disagreeing with them.

You also have the good ol' boy network of mutual back slappers who only want their view to be the only view on the topic.

In one forum I was in a heated discussion with a member about leaving or applying lube to your cases. This person turned around and complained the material I was displaying about not lubing your cases was copyrighted and I was banned.

In another forum a South African complained that an Australian in the forum was a raciest and got him kicked out of the forum.

At AccurateShooter I was given a eight hour ban for saying we have too many midgets sitting at their computers pretending to be giants.

The moderator sent me a PM and said I should not insult forum members, I replied that no one was named and only the midgets were complaining.

What CatShooter hated the most was BS information and he worked in a ballistic testing lab.

cat-shooter_o_187615_zps20ebc91c.gif

vorsicht--kampfkatze--_zps1878ea0a.jpg

And I posted the images above at AccurateShooter when the midgets argued with CatShooter.

Last edited:
Good post. The emasculation of the American male is creeping into the hunting/shooting sports at an alarming rate.

Originally Posted By: K22...This site and a few others I know have gone the way the whole country seems to be going and that is, zero thinking only reacting with feelings. And you talk about thin skinned people now days, [beeep].
rolleyes.gif

Catshooter and several others that are on here or USED to be on here could go more than 3 questions deep on most gun, hunting, or reloading subject you cared to come up with. And I'll bet that ability came from experience, paying attention, doing they're homework, so tell me, if you put in that kind of time why is there a requirement that you suffer fools???? I was told many years ago by a mentor, "boy, if you can't go more than 3 questions deep on a subject, keep your [beeep] mouth shut". I can't imagine how I ever learned anything with all those meanies that said such hurtful and demeaning things to me back in those days.
Oh, the insensitivity of it, whatever shall we do.
glare.gif

Well I'll be dipped in chit. Looks like the ones that always want to learn. But want to run their mouths as to all they already know. Managed to get some one with actual knowledge thrown out. Oh well aint no sense being dumb if ya can't show it.
tt2.gif
tt2.gif
Carry on!!
w00t.gif
Pretty soon nobody will be around
thumbup.gif
thumbup.gif

Take care, Willie

I will miss the Cat, he beat me up on a post once, I deserved it as I didn't think it through and it was presumptuous. I've learned alot from most of the members here, there's got to be room for disagreement. He helped me sort out a firearm selection via private message. His information was the same given by the manufacturer and the man who built it. He was very patient and gracious with his time and information. I hope this works out for all involved. Like TV, if you don't want to see it (or read it) just move on. All the best to all. Life is too short to get wrapped around the axle over little stuff.

I've tried to stay out of this thread, but the longer it runs, the more ridiculous it gets.

Can any one of you making these allegations against the Admin/Mod team here, tell me just exactly what you think they might stand to gain from banning long standing members of this forum? I mean seriously, how does running anyone that knows so much off, benefit them, or this board, in any manner? As has been pointed out, more than once, if you lose knowledgeable members, you lose intelligent answers to new members' questions. The knowledge base of any forum is what drives membership. You can have 1,000,000 members, but if they're all second graders trying to answer questions about ballistics and predator hunting, you probably aren't going to draw a bunch of new members in, and admin knows that.

As for the numbers banned here, they are by no means, out of the ordinary for a forum that has run as long as this one has, nor one with as many members as this one has. If anything, those numbers are probably low. Furthermore, I would dare to guess, that over 75% of the 500+ members banned on this board, were spam accounts, before any of you start dribbling down your leg thinking you're on to something there.

In respect to deleting banned or inactive accounts, that is typically only possible if they have no posts, or a very limited number of posts. If a member did in fact have posts before becoming inactive, or being banned, deleting that member account also deletes ALL of their posts, and that can cause serious problems with the database. It doesn't always, but it can! And, that is not to mention it renders any threads that contained said posts, unintelligible with comments and remarks removed from the middle of conversation. Beyond a certain point, it generally isn't worth the effort.

The Terms of Service here aren't out of line guys; they are very much similar on any board, anywhere on the web. Some forums tend to enforce those rules more closely than others; how closely rules are enforced, tends to depend upon the memberbase. If you are trying to promote a family atmosphere, as is the case here, you enforce the rules more closely. If the memberbase is all adults, you can enforce them with a more relaxed attitude. If you're dealing with a bunch of 20 something, gaming, party animals, you tend to ignore rules altogether; the only ones banned are those committing the most flagrant violations of TOS, and people who stir the pot while contributing nothing. Marco would have been gone a LONG TIME AGO, on a few sites I've frequented; just because.

As for policy and procedure mentioned in respect to banning anyone... warnings given, discussions held behind closed doors, suspensions, temporary bans, etc., that is pretty much standard procedure in the management of any forum gentlemen. I know, I've built several, I've served on the admin team of several.

In respect to "holding a vote and electing members of the admin team"... I don't want to bust anyone's bubble, but until everyone pays for membership, we as non-paying members, have no right to demand such. Whomever foots the bill here, has every right to appoint members they feel qualified to the admin team; they own this board, not us. This is their playground gentlemen, we the members, are allowed to play here, free of charge. They ask only that we respect and abide by the Terms of Service that we all agreed to abide by, when we joined this Forum. If we don't, they ask us politely to do so; often more than once. If we refuse, we aren't allowed to play here any longer.

If you think it's going to be any different on the other aforementioned board, you need to rethink that guys; these boards all operate the same way. As a relatively new board, they may be more tolerant of minor indiscretions, until the memberbase is built. As the memberbase grows, they will be forced to enforce the rules more and more closely, or chaos eventually ensues. I know this for a fact, I have been down that road. They too, will have discussions. They too, will issue warnings. They too, will keep copies of all conversations between admin/mods and members in the back room, for future reference. They too, will be forced to ban you, if you refuse to abide by the rules when asked.

That is as simple as it gets.

As for Catshooter... he is, without a doubt, a very knowledgeable individual in respect to reloading. His understanding of the physics involved was/is at times inspiring. His replies were/are at times, no doubt however, a tad coarse. Personally, I've dealt with a whole lot worse than he ever was, and thus my hide is pretty thick. His extensive knowledge, will be missed.

However... having logged several thousand hours on Admin and Mod teams in the past, I will not second guess the admin team in this matter. It was their decision to make guys; not mine, not yours, not ours collectively. I've been forced to make that decision more than once, and many many times, it was not a pleasant decision to have to make. I have personally seen threads run 5 - 10 pages of discussion in the back room, before a respected member is banned. More than once I've endured the same allegations and insults, that have been cast at members of Admin in this thread. And, on the other hand, I've had my [beeep] handed to me because I didn't ban members fast enough.

Gentlemen, it isn't an easy job and the pay sucks, if you think these guys are getting rich on advertising on this board, you're wrong. Typically advertising on one of these boards, barely pays hosting and bandwidth. Yes, sponsors here do donate prizes, and I would assume that most if not all receive confirmation of where those prizes went as well.

You're beating a dead horse here guys, admin is firm on their position of confidentiality in this matter, and I don't I blame them in the least; hurling insults at them isn't going to change that. This thread, is therefore non-productive. All you are doing, is creating ill feelings. If you aren't happy here, if you can't respect the time and effort that Admin currently commits, has in the past committed, will in the future commit, to keeping this board up and running, then they are very much correct, you should seek another playground in which to play. And, while some of you obviously find that harsh, it isn't guys; it's reality. Plain and simple. It is not, in any way, a disrespectful suggestion; it's reality. If you aren't happy here, find someplace to play where you are.

From what I saw with Cat Shooters posts here and other web sites he thought he was the "Cats Meow" and above reproach, apparently he found out he was mistaken.

Rocky's post pretty much tells it like it is, whether you agree or not. I happen to agree, and I could care less if Catshooter was here or not, as he is just one person who posts on here. As posters, we have to understand that the people who run this site are under no obligation to let us do or say anything we want to. It is their place and they can lay down the rules, and I accept that, and suggest that the rest of you also do it.

Amen to that George.

Great stuff Rocky.

It's kinda like having like friends and family over for a free pool party, and after awhile it doesn't matter how well a certain person can give swimming and diving instructions... he keeps ignoring the pool sign regulations, and continues pissing and crapping in the water, making it unpleasant for everyone.

If this was my sight Id SH** can the whole lott of them!! Anytime they said his name theyed be gone!!I think some of you guys need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back