Crows and Pigeon.

From the Michigan DNR website:

"Crows may be taken outside the open season during hunting hours, in compliance with federal regulations, if these birds are causing a human/animal conflict or creating a health hazard."

Don't you guys ever see any conflicting or unhealthy crows?

If Mi gets in any worse shape,F&G will be thinned to nill. Those of us that get paid from tax $$ will be living on crow before long.
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Tim NeitzkeIf Mi gets in any worse shape,F&G will be thinned to nill. Those of us that get paid from tax $$ will be living on crow before long.
frown.gif

I hear ya Tim.
A friend of mine recently lost a good job he'd had for a long time because the state of GA ran out of money.

KY crow law says:

"Crows observed committing or about to
commit acts of depredation may be taken
year-round; however, persons attempting
to take depredating crows shall not use
blinds, decoys, calls or other lures to attract
birds into shooting range during the
closed season."

I watch them real close and shoot them right before they depredate.
thumbup1.gif

Michigan is starting to bounce back, Tim. 3.8% job increase so far, and a 41% increase in jobs for hire. The highest increase in the nation. I am currently working on a 4 BILLION dollar project for Marathon Oil in Detroit......

I hate crows. We shoot them whenever possible by any means possible. Bait, decoys, calls, whatever. Whenever.

I guess maybe they are actually Ravens up north where we hunt a lot.....

.17 Rem, now that is on my wish list.....had one in a TC single shot but traded it for my AR. Really didn't like it in the single shot form, always wanted a bolt gun in that caliber. Maybe one day.
smile.gif

.17rem is one of my favorite calibers. I normally tote this rig around the farm instead of the heavy rifles since it's fairly light weight at 7.5lbs all up. I'd like to build a .17AH on a CZ action, or just order a Cooper. I love the .17cal's.

My father-in-law has a Ruger 77/22 Hornet in the laminate with French gray finish. I'm thinking it'll be a 17AH when it's mine some day. He never hunted with it and never really liked it, so I doubt he'd care about the transition. How cool would it be to have a 17 cal shooting around 4000fps with a 4 shot rotary mag? I thought about doing a barrel for the T/C like you Rocky, but I don't think it would be as fun as a bolt gun like SS110's. I love that rifle, my favorite of all the ones you've posted.

You guys are hard on the black mountian parrots and barn squab
thumbup.gif

2muchgun, I sure hope ur right about the economy bouncing back, I was born and raised in michigan, and am moving back this summer! I have a bad feeling that I'm going to end up working in south dakota, or pensylvania for a while.

Not sure what your occupation is, but the key to making money in Michigan is to go where the money is being spent. Power/energy, medical, infrastructure, transportation, etc.....

Transportation, eh, our shop will be slowing down quite a bit it sounds like. Friday, our work let go all of our supports for our Machining side. With that huge earthquake that hit Japan, our shop is starting to see the effect since we make Honda parts. Monday, we're having a shop wide meeting to see our future out look. Our Casting side is going down to 4 days starting 4-15.

Hopefully we (machinist) stay on 40hrs. When the economy took a dump a few years ago we went down to 32hrs... It sucked.

Pigeon with the Rem 40x .22lr today. Also watched a Ghog, but didn't kill him. Waiting for them to drop there young in May. After that, I'll take no prisoners.

8d5c95b7.jpg

32c0ebb2.jpg

Originally Posted By: ARCOREYMy father-in-law has a Ruger 77/22 Hornet in the laminate with French gray finish. I'm thinking it'll be a 17AH when it's mine some day. He never hunted with it and never really liked it, so I doubt he'd care about the transition. How cool would it be to have a 17 cal shooting around 4000fps with a 4 shot rotary mag? I thought about doing a barrel for the T/C like you Rocky, but I don't think it would be as fun as a bolt gun like SS110's. I love that rifle, my favorite of all the ones you've posted.

You guys are hard on the black mountian parrots and barn squab
thumbup.gif

Corey,

That Ruger sounds pretty nice, ESP if you make it into a .17AH. I thought about going that route, too. I love the CZ's set trigger. I use to own a 527 Lux in .22 Hornet and like a fool, I sold it. That's one of the rifles I regret selling. I'd like to pick up a 527 American in .22 Hornet with some nice wood.

.17 AH is a very efficient round. Gotta love just burning only 12-13 grains of powder. Maybe next year I'll build one.

Back