Experiences with accurate AR barrels

Canceled my order with BHW after I got the run around with them. Lesson learned, never deal with them again.

Now Im looking for a .243 barrel for my AR10 build.

Originally Posted By: 36FanCanceled my order with BHW after I got the run around with them. Lesson learned, never deal with them again.

I bet if you get with Rich he can get that barrel for you and make sure you don't have any issues. He seems to have a way of handling anything with BHW.

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: 36FanCanceled my order with BHW after I got the run around with them. Lesson learned, never deal with them again.

I bet if you get with Rich he can get that barrel for you and make sure you don't have any issues. He seems to have a way of handling anything with BHW.

Greg

I had talked to Ritch via email about a barrel prior and was considering using his services, then the 30% off sale came up at BHW so I decided to give them a try. At this point I wont use any of their products, and Ritch had nothing what so ever to do with this btw.

Originally Posted By: 36FanOriginally Posted By: GLShooterOriginally Posted By: 36FanCanceled my order with BHW after I got the run around with them. Lesson learned, never deal with them again.

Greg

I had talked to Ritch via email about a barrel prior and was considering using his services, then the 30% off sale came up at BHW so I decided to give them a try. At this point I wont use any of their products, and Ritch had nothing what so ever to do with this btw.

No problem at all.

Greg.

You will be very pleased with the Bartlein. I finally received a 24" Bartlein in a 6.5 Grendel from Precision Firearms and it is phenomenal.

Apologies is this is a bit of an aside, but I'm curious what people are considering good accuracy for premium AR barrels. I come from mostly a bolt gun background, I have a Savage 243AI I built entirely myself that easily shoots .3 MOA…the gun is probably more accurate than I can shoot it.

But I recently built a precision AR just because I wanted one on hand in case the election went the other way. It has a 22" Krieger barrel. In early load development, about 150 rounds down the tube, it is consistently in the .5s. A couple groups in the .4s.

Ironically, the two best groups were with mixed brass, one of them with progressive press thrown charges. Paired against the same load in Remington brass with weighed charges, the "crappier" loads did a bit better!

Personally based on my abilities 4's are acceptable. 3's are certainly doable but based on the design of the AR they are darn hard to shoot a consistent five target aggregate.

Greg

Back