My Wife's First Head of Game - a Nice Georgia Hog

Was this a paid hunt, or is that your lease? Are you in Georgia?

Here are a few photos my friend sent.

868032068019698-100-2-08032025181350-W1030310.JPG


Resize.PNG



864049057603088-100-3-08232025050546-W1016591.JPG


860516067657712-100-3-08172025122102-W1006836.JPG


IMG_9549.jpg
 
What the?!.. Looks like an Airbnb! Lol. Very nice. Perhaps if everyone went all out like that, more of our wives and significant others might actually join us. However, I have to admit that I like my solo style of hunting predators.
 
Do you know the county? I’m guessing East Ga. And not inquiring about going or anything, I have enough issues trying to keep them off the properties I look after (when they show up)
 
Ok, more so middle Ga, actually considered South since it’s south of Macon. Make sure you go back to keep them dang things from migrating down this way, lol!!
 
Hunt and HM, that's not all. He has a bathroom in the Taj Mahal. Didn't have it functional when we were there.
He built the shack up a little off the ground since he gets some high water there sometimes. There is no electricity
down there so he has it wired for solar and DC lights, but also has a generator connection to run the air conditioner.

Commode.jpg


My wife taking a nap on the couch. We drove all the way from Virginia and
went hunting shortly after arriving. I had to wake her when the hog showed up.

2nd resize tm.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4812.jpg
    IMG_4812.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Nice boar! I didn’t know they made the Ruger predator in a 6mm Remington. I have a couple of friends with older 6mm rifles and they are having a heck of a time finding ammo. And if you do it thru the roof.
 
Yellowhammer, Grice Gun Shop had a special run of the Predators in 6mm Remington a few years ago. I snatched one up while I could. It’s a very accurate one with 55 gr. Blitz Kings at 3721 fps. Drops coyotes on the spot. I switched to 85 gr. Barnes TSX for hogs.

As to ammo, I imagine it’s hard to find as you mentioned. I hand load and have several pieces of new brass on hand from a few years ago. It’s ashamed the 6mm has declined so. It’s a good cartridge. I guess the .243 won out.
 
Last edited:
Crapshoot, yes she is Filipina. We went through all the government red tape and expense to get her citizenship. It took 7 long years of constant attention and playing by the rules to obtain it, unlike what the Dems do with illegals. We have been married going on 25 years. The good thing is that she is solid conservative and a country girl.

My other half is a Filipina as well. Thank God we didn't have to go through nearly the trouble with her citizenship, probably because of her occupation and she was over here on a green card instead of a visa. Mine talks about going hunting with me sometimes whenever it's warm, but still hasn't. She likes to walk around and hug trees though. Took me a while to get used to that. Great people and a great place to visit.
 
DoubleLungRag, Filipinas are great people for sure with much different attitudes than many I have seen here, sad to say. Glad your citizenship deal was less troublesome. I traveled to the Phillipines and began the process of bringing her here. After she arrived the real process then began. It was all worth it. Hopefully your wife will join you in some hunts, just let her hug trees after the hunting is done. lol. Maybe show her my wife's video and that might spark some interest in her.
 
Hunt and HM, that's not all. He has a bathroom in the Taj Mahal. Didn't have it functional when we were there.
He built the shack up a little off the ground since he gets some high water there sometimes. There is no electricity
down there so he has it wired for solar and DC lights, but also has a generator connection to run the air conditioner.

View attachment 28309

My wife taking a nap on the couch. We drove all the way from Virginia and
went hunting shortly after arriving. I had to wake her when the hog showed Hoki Arena APK up.

View attachment 28312
Which a generator connection to run the air conditioner?
 
Addison, yep, he has it. The window on the right in the photo is the one she shot from.

IMG_7595.jpeg


Yesterday he sent me a photo of a china cabinet he moved into the building, said he wasn't using it so now he has storage.
He visited me a little over two years ago and looked at my hobo shack where I hunt coyotes from, and decided he wanted
something like that. His is like the Hilton while mine is more of a Motel 6..

IMG_1427.jpg
 
Last edited:
She even surprised me not long ago when a big black snake crawled into the chicken coop where her baby chicks were. The snake swallowed two of them. I shot his head off and she then downed him with a knife and scissors, cut him open in hopes of retrieving those chicks. It was all in vain but at least she attempted it.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top