NYS Coyote Hunters

Swamp I spoke with Edna about a week ago and the numbers were down from last year but she expected a bunch in the mail...we should get a table this year. I just hope the weather holds for the contest looks like we could get some rain.

Swamp,
Congrats on the critters.
We'll get a table this year.
Hunted a little yesterday. Snow is tooooo deep, unless you got 4 legs and weigh 30-40 pounds.
This morning saw a bleepity bleep bleep curse bleep coyote about 1/2 mile from were I had been yesterday!! LOL Looked like a BIG one too. Maybe he'll be around Friday afternoon. Don't know if I can drag a 65 pounder out though. LOL

Razor hope you feel better by Friday. As of right now we are supposed to get rain/snow all day Friday/Friday night and windy on Saturday. Was hoping to get a break but it doesn't look good.

Only a couple of days till the hunt.
Hope we get some high temps today and tomorrow to knock this snow down.
Can someone put in a request with the man upstairs??????
blink.gif

Would have liked to be in the contest but will be doin the next best thing spendin time with my dad on his 80th B-Day for the next 4 days in fairport. Heres a male my buddie got a bullet in last night at 8pm.This dog came out less then 20yds to the right in the wood line (no shot)looked at the turkey decoy in the moonlight backtracked behind and came out about 70yds where he smoked him 20yds from the decoy.He just got the calls from Reese Lanyards That day nice way to break in the new calls.

coyotepictures003.jpg

my calling partner and I scored on our second set today... 2 minutes on a handcall and this 40 pound male came to 30-35 yds of my friends shotgun.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/hh304/swampwalker_photos/DSC03716.jpg

shooting coyotes is great. But I get just as excited watching others get them. Especially when it all happens in shotgun range.. Good luck to anyone in the Sullivan county contest. Looks like This high wind advisory has things on hold for awhile.

Last edited:
look for a almost bald guy that would look like drew [beeep] if I still wore glasses, whats your buddy selling, I'll be looking for some new mags for my ar, like pmags
smile.gif

Last edited:
Good job swamp. That's a pretty big coyote with the conditions that are out there. You can't win it if you don't put something up on the board.
thumbup1.gif

Back