NYS Coyote Hunters

swamp, blackwolf thanks. ive called in half of them using foxpro, and i have a rabbit in distress i use also. ever since i was young my uncle has been teaching me to hunt, he always said you have to know your preys weakness and strengths. what are a coyotes weakness, its belly and sex drive. we have a couple of spots where we tie road kill to a tree and wait. yup i know its very rewarding to call one in,(i called a 49lb male in this year with female howl was awesome)but im into shooting coyotes and the piles produce. half the time i use the rabbit call at the piles and get their attention then wait. so to answer i call and i bait. oh and two more to the list 31 lb male and 28lb female thurs and friday night. im not the greatest on computer but i will figure it out to put pics up..this is the first year for me skinning to so when i can finally post pics it will be all the yotes on a board.. thanks guys shoot all you can time is running out...

Which one of you guys ordered this snow......................
scared.gif

mad.gif
I here you free. I don't mind a little snow but this is bull---t. I hope it's not here long. I have some areas I haven't even called yet.

Snow?

What Snow?

We got flooding here with roads closed all over the place.

Thinking I need one of them car boats right now.

Spring has sprung.

It was actually nice to get out on the south sides of the hills today and walk once again without snow. It almost felt like I was running without have to trudge through snow.

All the propertys my buddy and i have to hunt just got 12" new SAP snow...$%&%*$..! was hopin to put the snow shoes away yeah right.Between work and bad weather when i'm not workin putten a real hurtin on my doggin.More snow maybe on the way.Time to try alittle more southerly in the state.Here on the island the snow is gone.

New to the boards Im a NY boy also, Im hunting in Fulton NY in Oswego County currently, have a farmer in Canastota that has a problem with coyotes eating her lambs should be out there in a week or so.

Welcome Justin.
Have you been having any luck out your way?
Some real nice real estate just north of route 23 down near Cairo.

Last edited:
No i havnt it's been a terriable yr havnt called one in since january, last yr at this time i had called in 9 yotes but only got one lot of misses last yr,this yr cant call them in.

Called my last coyote of the season in yesterday morning. A spot I've waited all season to hunt, and I finally had the right wind and the time to hunt it 7:00 am and I was on top of a small ridge overlookin a small field and creek with a thick overgrown ridge on the other side. The top of the other ridge is only 200yds away, and beyond that a very large over grown field with train tracks on the far side.
I had been calling for about 15 minutes when I heard something on the otherside of the creek, and about 80yds in front of me. I look over and sneakin thru the thick brush is a yote. It gets wihin 70yds and sits down and scans the field and ultimately me. I remain still but with the sun getting higher and spotlighting everything around me it is getting harder to move without being seen. I am on the shady side of a tree but it is not large enough to hide the gun.
As I slowly reposition the gun the yote becomes bored and walks back where it came. I lip squeak and it stops in the brush and peeks thru a gap at me. It knows something is up an starts to trot outa there. I woof, it stops at about 160yds and I take an off hand shot and miss.
Amazing, thru and thru. I can't wait for next season, I have more confidence, more drive, and more knowledge. Good luck.

the new year is finally here out in the am tioga county new york trying to get the first kill of the season its been along wait but its over good luck out there folks

Despite the lousy weather my doggin buddie and i had a pretty good start for the new season.Sat morn 7:30 am my buddie hit one at 214yds we didnt recover it.Sat evenin i killed a female in the rain.Sunday am had one in just wouldnt stop in a short window long enuff to pull the trigger.Friday night would have been the ticket nice clear night the dogs wouldnt shut up figures.

Last edited:
Thanx guys and good luck to both of you.This month is my favorite usually lots of action we have three good spots all good for 200+ yard shots with enough cover to make the dogs feel secure.We are gunnin for a big male that has lady luck on his side...he has been covered with both our crosshairs several times and managed to slip away without eatin a bullet.

My Doggin buddy dumped two tonight at dusk within 5 min of each other at + -200yds.They came to howling with hand calls.The second dog was shot standing over the first.]

Last edited:
Back