Sow Nailed in Backyard

Was out on the links last night again and was able to putt down four more boars ripping up the 18th hole with the Flir T-50 and 300BLK, here's two of them:

Putt1.jpg

Putt2.jpg

Nice job again.

Some of my friends use 9.3x74 and 9.3x62 on our big boars. Have you guys ever those calibers on your hogs ?

But I've seen hogs still running away eventhough they got shot with these calibers.

So shot placement is the most important issue.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: doublecheeseNice job again.

Some of my friends use 9.3x74 and 9.3x62 on our big boars. Have you guys ever those calibers on your hogs ?

But I've seen hogs still running away eventhough they got shot with these calibers.

So shot placement is the most important issue.

Hardly anyone over here uses metric cartridges, especially something as heavy duty as those, surplus German Mauser 8mm is about it over here, or 300 WIN Mag at the most, our hogs are no where near the size of the beasts you take out!

Skypup, virtually no typical bullet will perform(expand) at subsonic speeds as yours shows. Lehigh Defense bullets are designed for subsonic and work. The maximum expansions open too fast for pigs, they open before they penetrate, only going in about two inches. Don't shoot a deer in the shoulder either, aim for the lungs.
http://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/bullets/maximum-expansion
The contolled fracturing penetrate better. I

http://www.lehighdefense.com/collections/bullets/controlled-fracturing

570 projectile on the left, 350 grain 458 round, 458 case, .223 round on the right

I finally just built a .458 SOCOM in a Savage short action bolt gun instead of messing with the blackout. A 308 or 243 works great as the magazine holds the rounds perfectly. I don't think an AR upper could take the pressure of the 570 grain Lehigh CF but neither can the swine !! They are comical and wait until you hear the loudest "THWAP" !!!! when they hit.

Last edited:
I have a 458 socom SBR with a can!! 10'' upper.

Freakin love it!! Its like throwing a school bus at 'em. Also have one with a 16'' barrel and it doesn't get used as much as the SBR. Ammo is pricey though. Cheaper to go 12 gauge slug haha.

Have a MK2 19mm on top of my 458 Socom. Just haven't sighted it in yet.

And for those that get by the 458 Socom. Have a Serbu super shorty with a salvo12 on it. Nice little package. with a single point sling QD.

The super shorty is nice for certain scenarios. A Lot of people would say its a waste but I have been able to use it a lot.

My 2014 Honda Pioneer with the FLIR Pan/Tilt and IR blasters just rolled over 3,000 miles on the odometer with zero mechanical or electrical problems, all traveled in my backyard!

So far it has been averaging a hog every 10 miles or 2 hogs per gallon (2HPG)

It hasn't done so well on the coyotes and is only averaging a coyote every 1.5 gallons.

3000%20Miles2.jpg

3000%20Miles.jpg

3000%20Miles3.jpg

Woke up this morning and went out into front yard to feed the horses and they are stomping around rearing up on a wild hog in the pasture!

Dude came after me gashing and gnawing his teeth like he was going to bite me.

I am going to let him have a sporting chance to get outa here by sundown, but if he bites me, he's Bacon.
scared.gif

Front%20Yard%202.jpg

Front%20Yard%20Hog.jpg

Be Careful he looks like the "THE TERMINATOR KILLER HOG".
See those Spots on his Back,,,He was sent from the Hog Spirit World,, by the "Spirits" of all those Hogs you have Done In!! Ha!
Gnashing Teeth and all!
Think about that while you're stalking hogs in Pitch Dark by yourself. lol.

Dang...I shot a pig a few hours ago that looked like it could be a twin to this one. Wish I had taken a pic.

Last edited:

The nerve of that pig, trying to pick a fight on your own property.

Remember the song "Hurry Sundown" by the group Outlaws? I believe I would be singing that tune.

We nailed this Orange and Black Spotted sow out on the #2 fairway of the local Country Club golf course and thought her colors and marking were remarkable for a true Florida Piney Woods Rooter hog.

The Florida Museum of Natural History Mammography Division accepted the head, pelt and legs for a professional taxidermy preparation for their permanent "Florida Cracker" exhibit in the State Museum.

We delivered the meat to the University of Florida Veterinary Meat Lab for a professional meat preparation at the ceremony dedicating this hog to the museums collection!

Should be awesome once the trained professional taxidermist gets done with her.

Museum%20Hog.jpg

Many of you that hunt hogs have seen rubs where the tree is covered with fresh mud where they routinely rub themselves.

Today I hiked into some thick woods into one of the bedding areas and found the biggest baddest rub I have ever seen anywhere, it is right next to a couple of huge wallowed out beds, the hogs bedded down here using this rub are all over 350 pounds and have been using this rub for years and years.

You can easily see their massive size by the height of the rub....

Hog%20Rub.JPG

Here's what I'm talkin' about!

Wild hog sausage and ribs, venison tenderloin and ribs, peppers,squash,eggplant, onions and Mallard breasts wrapped in bacon, all washed down with two liters of homemade blackberry wine!

Cookout.jpg

Cookout2.jpg

Then, after nightfall, I use my FoxPro TruckPro to call in this mean looking rare jet black coyote and nail him with one shot @ 225 yards.

Freakin' AWESOME!

HK%20Black%20Coyote%20225%20yards2.jpg

HK%20Black%20Coyote%20225%20yards.jpg

Back