Sow Nailed in Backyard

Got five last night, including this nice tusker!

Gate%2037.jpg

Had a great hunt all by my lonesome self last night. Weather was excellent, no wind, light overcast, almost full moon, 50*F.

Went out about 10PM back behind the house and hiked 1 mile down the forest grade and spied a group of hogs deep in the woods rooting around about 250 yards away with the FLIR LS-XR.

Stalked up closer and took a headshot on this boar with the HK/Flir T-70 at 175 yards, DRT.

Entire hunt took about 30 minutes and hiked back home to get the UTV to haul the hog back for processing, perfect meat boar.

HK%2015%20Boar2.jpg

HK%2015%20Boar.jpg

A new six foot alligator recently moved into the pond back behind the barn about two weeks ago and has been sunning himself in the middle of the day out there in the open.

I put the offal where he's been sunning himself in front of a game cam to see if I could get some close up pics of him chomping on some boar meat.

Of course, they prefer rancid meat so might have to wait a few days if the Bald Eagles leave anything for him.....

Originally Posted By: DesertRamNice pile of sausage right there.

Are you in an area where you can hunt gators? That'd be a cool combo hunt - hogs and gators.
smile.gif

Yes I am, gator season is over now but the ones on the property are legit with a license.

There are a couple of small gator holes with BIG 10-12 foot Bull Gators in them that we stay wide and clear of at night.

During the day, I've seen dozens of cracked cooter turtles shells around their holes and many hogs skulls and carcasses.

One night we were walking home with NV on and I spied two red glowing eyes in the middle of the road up ahead, thinking it was a deer we continued walking until we came up on a 12 footer stretched entirely across the trail with his pearly white mouth wide open hissing.....

Had a great hunt last night and nailed this big boar hog after a 20 minute stalk in the woods, very exciting hunt.

HK MR556, FLIR T-70-, FLIR LS-XR, Barnes 70 grain TSX @ 75 yards, DRT.

Boar%20Head.jpg

Boar2.jpg

Originally Posted By: SkyPupIn case you have not seen this one, another good reason to whack 'em and stack 'em.

Hog%20Deer.jpg

That pig right there is in desperate need of a head shot like the one above.
smile.gif

Scrambled hog brains from 200 yards out, in one ear and out the other.

Hog staggered standing for a full five seconds after the shot and then just fell over stiff on its side.

HK MR556, ACOG TA02, FLIR T-70, Gemtech Sandstorm, Barnes 70 grain TSX:

HeadShot2.jpg

HeadShot.jpg

Back