Foxpro.223
Well-known member
I don't doubt any of it. And there won't be an end to any of it, it will keep expanding like the cancer.
The answer is right in front of us, get rid of social media and there is no need for data centers. Except to store all of our personal info that we didn't give permission to anyone to have in the first place.
The answer is right in front of us, get rid of social media and there is no need for data centers. Except to store all of our personal info that we didn't give permission to anyone to have in the first place.
Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine?These AI CEO's calling for a slow down, regulation, etc. It's all double speak. All any of them are angling for is competitive advantage over "domestic" competition.
In order to give themselves a fighting chance against Chinese competition.
It's a sad, sad state of affairs for us regular people. Whether our US companies "win", or the Chinese do, we're effed either way.
National security and domestic intelligence gathering are tightly coupled. AI (and data centers) are the highest priority for both. So we can protest all we want. But the Golden Rule will apply. He who has the most gold, makes the rules. And that ain't us.
I want to say it's better that US gov't and companies dominate China, but in the end, I'm not sure it makes a shit worth of difference to us plebes. And really, the gov't will be subservient in all this, the elites will be calling the shots. When AI super intelligence backed by quantum computing gains legs, nobody, absolutely nobody including the people creating and financing it, know how it will go. But I bet it goes badly.
And I was wrong about the AI agents escaping their cages and independently hacking companies was marketing baloney. Have since done a deep dive on it and it has really been happening, multiple times. AI has not achieved super intelligence yet, but it will. Whether it has achieved sentience yet, I think is open to debate and I'm leaning towards it already has in a basic form.
Now that the AI companies are moving away from chain of thought logging to recursive self improvement, their own ability to monitor and regulate is about to vanish. Yay...
- DAA