This will start some crap.....

So now I am not civil because I do not agree with you typical liberal.I stand for what I believe in and do not talk around it that is what scares your type.They also say small buisness owners did not build there buisness.That maybe the most STUPID thing I have ever heard.I bet what the New York mayor said is ok right.If a republican had ever said that they would burn him at the cross no stake can't talk about that.Your Party does nothing but TAKE,SPEND,and RAPE this once great country.I have said my piece and I am done arguing with stupity because it only makes me dumber and one step closer to a liberal.

No worries folks. I knew coming into this discussion there was a real chance of hitting brick wall of pig headedness. I took a shot anyway. It was a very long shot. It didn't work out. Such is life. It appears our two sides cannot talk without reason becoming totally obscured by emotion. Not sure what and where that leaves us. In the long run it's probably not good. Again, such is life.

Nevertheless, I'll keep shooting and enjoy it. Hope you do too.

See you elsewhere.

Quote:But I also believe that a lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals.

Probably should have mentioned that to your Attorney General, Mr. Obama.

Originally Posted By: KlrDrvrAnti-social personality disorder and sociopathy are the same things so, yes when you use one term you use both.

Don't read anything into what I'm about to say other than the actual words you read on your screen, but you say this with a lot of confidence and it raises a question on my part. Are you a psychiatrist or in the mental health profession? The reason I ask is because I am most certainly "Anti-Social" and have been my entire life. I have been researching the term and personality traits of being a Sociopath since you posted this quote and I can say that I am most certainly NOT a sociopath based on what I have read.

Now, I could be wrong because I am not in the mental health field, but my Google Foo isn't weak.

Chupa

Chupa, Sorry to have distressed you. My response was to a link 204 AR posted supporting his diagnosis of politicians as suffering from Anti Social Personality Disorder (ASPD). My training is in closely related field and a lot of my work has been in the areas of cognitive and affective influences on information processing. What was known for years as Sociopathy has been relabled Anti Social Personality Disorder (ASPD).

Have you been formally diagnosed with ASPD? If not, don't jump to conclusions. Too many times folks are quick to label others who don't particularly like the company of other people as "anti-social." Not true. Not liking to be around people is, in many cases, a perfectly reasonable reaction. It does not mean you are a sociopath or an APSD sufferer.

Take a look at the following links.

http://www.accg.net/antisocial.htm

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001919/

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antisocial-personality-disorder/DS00829/

http://www.medicinenet.com/antisocial_personality_disorder/article.htm

On the other hand if you do suffer from ASPD, see a licensed professional. It can really help.

Edit: Odds are really good you don't. Most who do never figure it out for themselves.

Last edited:
Klr Drvr,sorry to hear you are a liberal.No use for us to have a beer.I would not get to say anything.At least in this forum others get to say something.I have never had a discussion with a liberal,I have listened sometimes,but when it is my turn to speak they always talk over top of me,just like they do on TV.I wonder why a liberal is so afraid to let anyone else speak.I think it because they know they are wrong and just can,t stand the fact they have wasted their life promoting wrongful and hurtful ideas.By the way,my shrink says I am the most sane man he ever spoke with.

Is it just me or does calling season need to hurry up and get here????
huh.gif
huh.gif

Originally Posted By: luder"I, like most Americans, believe that the Second Amendment guarantees an individual the right to bear arms"

He lost me right here. Really? BS......

Quote:Is it just me or does calling season need to hurry up and get here???? huh huh....Hopefully, it's on the way...There seems to be way too much dead time in some areas..

I stick by my diagnosis. Actually it's not mine, but rather was pointed out to me by my best friend, whom I grew up with. He became a psychiatrist as is now the head of psychiatric medicine at an area hospital. As your links pointed out, there are many types of ASPD, only the worst of which would be deemed Sociopathy.

Chupa, I don't think you have to worry, lol. Most of us probably could be diagnosed with some form of mental disorder or illness. I probably fall into the catagory of asocial, since I prefer not to be in large crowds.

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleQuote:Is it just me or does calling season need to hurry up and get here???? huh huh....Hopefully, it's on the way...There seems to be way too much dead time in some areas..

Absolutely. We are so dry and so hot in western NE it's unreal. The sandhills are brown, only green plants are the yuccas, and they don't look so good either. 100 degrees or close to it every day for weeks it seems, and more of the same in the forecast. Too hot to shoot, I'm too scared of causing a fire somehow that I hate to even go out!

We got lucky for the first time in about eight weeks..We actually got some measurable precipitation...It rained, nice, steady, and gentle for about three hours this morning...I almost tried to dance a jig on the front lawn...but, there just isn't one...

Originally Posted By: OldTurtleWe got lucky for the first time in about eight weeks..We actually got some measurable precipitation...It rained, nice, steady, and gentle for about three hours this morning...I almost tried to dance a jig on the front lawn...but, there just isn't one...

Haha, I hear you about the lawn. I'm gonna hate our water bill! About all that's left to water anyway are the weeds that took over!

Back