Thunderstruck Compilation.

Watched it again Jeff. Still way cool.
grin.gif

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Evan, its fun to watch Nala. I wish I had a couple more just like her. She was a one in a million dog. Great to be around, great personality and turning in to a heck of a dog. Im still kicking myself. If you have anymore pups please put me on the list for one.

Great video and very educational on how the Yote's act. No way would I be as calm as you seem when in the video as they are chasing your dogs, much more patience than I would have.

I am surprised it looks like your dogs get nipped a time or 2, is much of the footage time training the dogs to fend for themselves AND bring them closer to you. Just trying to understand a very interesting skill I hope to aquire, the shooting part, not the training dogs part, lol.

Thanks for any explanation of what was happening in the video, besides the shooting.

Allen

Not much to tell really. We just call coyotes like normal. Only difference is we carry a dog along. When we call a coyote in the dogs engage and play a game of cat and mouse. Many times the coyotes come very close. It offers us a lot of time to observe coyotes up close and we get to see many mannerisms that you would never see without the dog along. Alot times it offers better chances at killing multiple coyotes on one stand. Many times the coyote just runs off offering us no shot opportunity at all. Ive put hundreds of coyotes in front of my dogs and never had one hurt or even cut for that matter. It is always a possibility but it hasnt happened to me personally as of yet. The dogs do what they do because they want to do it and actually love it. Keep in mind we keep our dogs close and the action is close to us. Very seldom do they get out of sight. If things go south we are right there on top of the situation. I say this and may get one eat alive tonight. I guess if the dogs dont want to take that chance they wont engage.

Its not about killing coyotes for me personally. I love to watch the dogs work. Hope this answers your question.

Wow BTECH29!!

That is some awesome footage:)

Thanks for Sharon!

I wish i had a dog:-(, a bigger gun like a .22gun, an ecaller and a few other huntin things:-(

Maybe in 2014!

Tim

i havent killed a coyote yet after 2 full seasons of trying pretty hard, shot the VERY FIRST time i ever went out calling at a double i called within 20 yards and when i seen the first coyote break brush 20 yards justo my right if that i just sat there like i didnt know what was happening as i DIDNT and thought to myself why is that dog running in that field and why did it even come over by my call like that
lol.gif
......then the second one broke chasing the other and by the time i woke up and realised i had just called to coyotes NOT domestic dogs it was to late and they were both 50 plus yards away when i shot with my 870 with no choke tube in it
rolleyes.gif
....i was a JOKE
tt2.gif
thumbdown.gif
...only time in two seasons i shot in daylight hours other than one other failed bullet when i was out trying out a treestand for calling coyotes in thick stuff for the very first time in my life and got to pull the trigger again......CLICK
rolleyes.gif
........ i have called others in daylight hours but never shot other than the very first time i ever went and the treestand MISFIRE no BS....i as well shot several times at night last season 8 to be exact and MISSED them all so i still have the FEVER BAD obviously and would like to get my first one
tt1.gif
ahahahaha

...my ONLY REAL point of telling my LIFE STORY of FAILURES just now
rolleyes.gif
lol.gif
hahahahaha is that i still dont intend go hunting without my dog now that i have her regardless of the hindrence she may or may not be at any given time of the season just in case she gets the chance to decoy a coyote so i can see it happen....my intent may be CRAZY to some as many times as i go hunting but i now understand why people have dogs in general and not just for hunting companions.....besides that i can catch live coyotes in traps and snares so they stay alive until i get there all day long and pretty much anywhere so i can show her coyotes,coons,and anything else to be caught just like i did last season....i dont know ANYTHING about all this decoy BINESS PERIOD but i just got this feeling she can do it if i can do my part for her
thumbup.gif
.... GOOD LUCK GUYS!
thumbup1.gif

Last edited:
Man O Man O Man... I almost missed this thread... glad I found it now... AWESOME AS USUAL.

What do you think would happen if you only had that jack russell out there...?

Back