Thunderstruck Compilation.

Awesome video Btech!!! Love watching your dogs work those coyotes. That has to get the adrenaline pumping everytime you see them engage! I've got a question for you that I don't recall ever seeing anyone ask you if you don't mind? When coyotes get in that cat and mouse game with the dogs, will they often times get straight down wind of you and not change their behavior one bit? It would seem by watching that it might happen every once and a while? Just wondered if watching your wind was as big of a concern once the coyote has his full attention on the dogs?

I don't know how I missed this one but I did. Excellent video and fantastic action with all the dogs. If this doesn't get your blood pumping, hang it up, your done!

Thanks for the compliments guys.

The big dog is a Cat/Cur cross, her name is Spot. The yellow dog is a Cur I got from Even Sweeten in Idaho and is prolly the best dog I have ever worked with, her name is Nala. Im still kicking myself for selling her. The little white dog is big Rat Terrier from Seegmiller Rats out of Missouri, his name is Thumper. Similar to the Deckers but a different line of big Rats.

Hawk-Eye, if you can get the coyote engaged with the dogs they will normally stay put even after getting your wind. If they smell you or the call before getting involved with the dogs they are history. Thats what Ive seen anyway.

Thanks for answering that question. I was just curious because I've never been around it before. I figured so, but wasn't sure. Keep up the great work with the dogs!!!

Btech, I tip my hat to ya sir!!!
I'm a former K9 handler/trainer and love to watch a dog team. People just don't understand how much work and time it takes to get a dog to recall like that. The dog naturally goes into a prey drive and would run the coyote straight out of the county if you would let it. My wife watched the video and the first thing she mentioned was how well the recall on the dogs was.
People think they can just get any old dog and make them be a decoy dog (WRONG).
It does make me want to work dogs again. It made my day to watch a team work.
You made a comment about being right there if things go South and you are exactly right. Those dogs rely on you just as much as you rely on them. They learn that you have there back and I bet money if they are not sure about anything, the first thing they do is look back to you for support. Loyalty like no other.
Awesome job sir!

Back