Why do you need 30 rounds in a mag? or 100?

I don't need a 30 round magazine any more than I need a 32oz Dr. Pepper. I just hate to make a bunch of trips sometimes, so Bloomberg and the likes, you can...
smiley-says-kiss-my-arse.gif

I don't need one but I have some. I also do not need a cycle that does 160mph but I can buy one if I want. Read my sig. Thats why I have them. Just incase.

Originally Posted By: pukindogThe most important reason people need such things is to perpetuate a condition in which they will never need such things.

Yep, if I have them I don't need them.

You don't need a car, you can walk. You don't need a house, you have a jacket. You don't need a steak, you have soup. You don't need a toilet, you can crap outside. AGENDAS my friend is waht it is all about. ThomasR

I can get along just fine without many things in my life. But my freedom is not one of them. I have an AR-15 because it's short and has a detachable mag which I carry 5 round mags because I like them they fit in my pocket easy. I like my two stage trigger and I like the hand grip and the adjustable stock. That's why I own and carry an AR. I did not break any laws in Indiana when I went to my gun shop and bought it. They were legal I did not buy it in an alley out of someones trunk.
I am offended that there is a movement by people in this Country that have never even shot a gun, trying to make rules to take away mine or tell me I can't use it to hunt with.
If people in Canada can't carry ARs and your OK with that I respect your feelings.
But remember some people from the middle east don't think your wife should be able to show there face in public without it being covered. That's their law should your wife of girl friend have to follow that same practice because they may want it. Go ask your lady that question and tell her you think it's something that should be forced on her and see what her reply is. Then think about our feeling about having our rights taken away.

Originally Posted By: KaleWe get along fine up here in canada without AR15's and 30round mags so why can't you down in the USA?

Same reason Americans have suffered 99% of the casulties fighting for the freedoms the rest of the "FREE" world enjoys.

Originally Posted By: KaleWe get along fine up here in canada without AR15's and 30round mags so why can't you down in the USA?

We have gotten along fine for over 200 years without a dictatorship or Monarchy too. Our country is founded on the principal of we the people and that is at stake. No matter if we are told one round is too many or 100. The point is our forefathers shed blood for independence and a basic set of rules that allow life, liberty, and the pursuit of happpiness. We were told these rights along with those to bear arms shall not be infringed. Today it is AR's and 30 round mags. Tomorrow it will be all handguns as the queen has enforced upon you. Sometimes a line must be drawn in the sand. They tried banning 50 calibers once saying nobody could justify ownership or use them for practical sporting purposes, imagine the surprise to the muzzleloading crowd when they found out that their Hawkins black powder side locked muzzleloader firing cast lead roundballs was considered an assault rifle by these definitions.

You have a right to bare arms. Does it specify which arms you can own or how many the mag can hold? Or is owning such arms just a privalage and not a right? Privalages can be taken away it is not a right. I have no fight in this so I am not taking there side by any means. If I could hunt with a handgun here I def would but I dont have that option. Good luck guys you def have a battle coming

I don't know under what conditions Canada was founded on. But the U.S. was founded on the premise of freedom of oppression by a tyrannical gov't. If the founders of the U.S. felt that allowing the populace to be armed was a basic liberty so that tyranny would never again rise, then why would subsequent leaders of the nation believe that disarming the populace would be a good idea? Because they know that if the people can overthrow a gov't, the gov't would have to do as directed by those that elected the gov't. If I can't be stopped, I can do whatever I want. Our current system is f****d. But no one in power wants to change that because they would not have the power they currently enjoy if they started doing what the people feel they need to have done.

Rights are never given back, once they are taken. Period. What is good for Canada is not always good for the U.S.

Its not that we cant, we just dont want to. The actions of a few idiots shouldnt be the deciding factor on what we can and cant own.

Originally Posted By: OiltowncallerWe get along fine up here in canada without AR15's and 30round mags so why can't you down in the USA?

Way to stir the pot Kale lol

You don't have handguns either.

Back