Wolf shot in SD

Timberbeast and Losthlegend are right on the money.

I'm a retired police officer and have hunted all my life.

I was born in Peoples Republik of New Jersey and got out as soon as I was able to when I was in my twenties ... PRNJ and the former eastern Communist bloc are one and the same, just like the average brutal communist regime. Just start verbally talking about guns there and all of a sudden you have swarming cop problems. Its so bad that the FBI doesn't even like working there; they prefer other Field Offices.

YES, "wolves" in Peoples Republik of New Jersey wear suits and uniforms.

I moved to and lived in Alaska for 19 years...hunted and called wolves and I know what I'm talking about. Wolves are like Jaws, 'cept Jaws is in the ocean and Wolves are on the land ... 1500 lbs. per sq. inch jaw strength. They belong in Alaska, not here in Wyoming or Anywhere in the West or Lower 48 ...only in Alaska. And YES, they attack humans; nothing new at all, but Very "politically incorrect" of course.

Wolves kill for the FUN OF IT. Its so disgustingly common to see cow moose on the south facing slopes in the spring get torn open and killed by wolves ... the wolves will rip her open, kill both her and the fetus, and LEAVE WITHOUT EATING ANYTHING. They'll run caribou across a frozen lake, each wolf taking a turn and as the Caribou tire, jump up alongside and rip the Caribou's hanging tongue out until it bleeds out and drops.

The above photos of the Wolves taking down the moose..and the pack gorging on it...I have the 8X10 color photo set of that incident which was north of the Mat-Su valley...it was taken by helicopter (Alaska F&G biologist) and the photos are timestamped/marked. In One Hour you can see bones of the moose from initial time of attack.

In sub zero temps, a large adult Wolf will enjoy over 20 lbs. of hot steaming meat in a day, as they burn and require a LOT of calories.

"Game Laws" and liberal tree-huggin' anti-constitutional judges (like the one on Montana who closed the Wyoming wolf season)? (It is ALSO a State's Rights Issue)... Welll...look at it this way ... What if all of a sudden Al Quida operatives and released terrorists from Gitmo were imported and allowed to suddenly live in YOUR neighborhood, amid YOUR family and Your way of life? ....and they were Protected by law??

And extreme example, Yes ... but there is a point there.

They belong in Alaska ... not here in the West.

Elks makes excellent points also ... The Wolves are no joke.

Cas in the High Desert.

All of this "it is the law so follow it blindly" crap sounds exactly like the Germans cry where they followed the law and Nazi propaganda for thier innocence in the killing of 6,000,000 Jews in the 1930's and 40's. If the law is wrong then blindly following is wrong too.

4949 Nice bear!! We used to have them come down off the hill, hang out in the neighbors swimmming pool, terrorize the neighborhood - all those things that make suburban Jersey interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You guys need a functional 'management plan' for them before someone gets hurt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

TA17REM Thanks for your opinion!! Now I have to figure out how to get my diet pepsi out of this keyboard before it seizes up - like one or two of the other posters here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rumor has it that THE best business to be in in Minn. is selling dogs because they don't last to long up there. Can anyone say 'fluffy depradation'? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

TB7 Once again - terrific posts!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowingsmilie.gif

4949 I actually believe we see eye to eye on most of this.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually, no, I don't kill coyotes just because they are coyotes. All of my coyote hunting is done on agricultural land for owners who need coyote control.

You have got to be kidding me. So, you don't go out to call coyotes because you enjoy it? You only kill coyotes that are causing problems? Sounds like a depressing way to hunt.

But, I hope you save the world. Me? I'm killing innocent coyotes and loving it.

Quote:
Minnesota dose'nt need to kill its wolves off, there is'nt much of a problem with them except for a few areas, and we have more wolves than the western states. At the moument our wolf population is not increaseing due to pups dieing off from illnesses.

I think you are a little off base. In my area we had few to no wolves in the last 3-4 years. The last two we have seen families of them. Saw 6 at once this August. Now in the last two weeks I have seen one, after checking the tracks there was at least 3 others that got across that i didn't see, my uncle has saw 5, a pair and then 3, 5 miles away in a cattle pasture.

I have heard 4 different ones howling at the same time in 4 different spots from the house. We don't have nearly as many coyotes as last year, have seen where they chase the coyotes, no kills yet. People had fresh deer kills under there stands each morning they hunted. We used to have 50-100 deer in the fields and this year we have 5-10, with the most being about 20.

They are expanding to where they haven't been and its only a matter of time before they eat themselves out of house and home, and then start problems. Just from looking at tracks I know that there is 20-25 within 15 sq miles of the farm. We could use the mange to come back and wipe them out. I personally don't care for them to be here, where isn't their typicial range. If they are outside their range there is to many and need to be taken care of.

I don't blame the guy in SD, he was coyote hunting, and there arn't supposed to any there, to bad he didn't get a double. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think what it boils down to is a bunch of hunters not being happy with just killing deer, prarie-dogs, coyotes, they got to kill wolves as well and i suppose after that wears off then it willbe the bald eagle, just because...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tim,

Set down the beer and step away from the computer.

What i'm getting at is hunters have never been happy with the way things are. They want more seasons on different game animals, then longer season for those that can't hunt worth a dam, a season for rifles, bows, pistol, black powder , a special season for kids, for resident hunters that feel they are crowded out by non-res. Then you have the ones that make a liveing off of other hunters they want longer seasons, more game tags issued. And now the wolf is competeing for the extra tags..( Money, Greed, Bloodlust)
As far as wolves killing other peoples dogs, they should keep them locked up and plus i don't really care who's dog gets nail by a wolf..

Randy: I don't drink, have'nt touched the stuff in 15 years, bet you can't say that you Ol booze nose.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

TA17rem: Once again I have to ask, do you even hunt? And as far as wolves killing peoples dogs, I think you have some pretty twisted logic...if a fox kills your chickens is it your chickens' fault.

Hey TA, We have to run guard dogs with the sheep so they dont kill the whole herd of them. One rancher about 40 miles from me had 16 sheep killed, 1 guard dog, and two other guard dogs chewed up real bad....all in one night. I can send you the article in the paper and some pictures if that would open your eyes a little. Do a little research before you pipe off on something you dont have a clue about. These guard dogs were 130 pound great pyranees by the way.

Like i said before if some states are haveing a problem with wolves then Wildlife services should be called in.
They know how to deal with problem animals and get the one or more that is causeing the problem.. Don't have to kill them all off cause of one bad apple.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

Quote:
TA17rem: Once again I have to ask, do you even hunt? And as far as wolves killing peoples dogs, I think you have some pretty twisted logic...if a fox kills your chickens is it your chickens' fault.

Yes i hunt about 5 month's a year, i hunt for enjoyment of the hunt, and to put some extra food on the table and i also hunt for fur.. I don't kill for the sake of just killing something.

As for the wolves killing dogs i was referring to here, state law says dogs must be kenneled or fenced in and not allowed to rome freely.
Sure if you got a fox killing youre chickens then shoot the fox doing the killing.
I've hunted coyotes and fox along time and have nothing personnel against either one, atleast not till they are prime.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

Last edited:
Ta, that is what they have been using for the last 8 years! They still have not been able to get the wolves I referred to above because of the terrain. They even issued him shoot on sight permits but these wolves are way smarter than you guys give them credit for. Last year they killed 120 or so wolves. Do you know it costs us tax payers in Montana over 3 million dollars a year just to fund these guys killing the wolves, when people are lined up to hunt them on a quota basis?

If it was legal would you kill one??? I would love to hunt them, as they are a big coyote to me. I don't understand why people like to protect them, they made it though the bounty days.

You almost seem like a wolf lover. Why pay someone when they could make money off of them, just like deer, they make loads off of them, and even in the tb zone they let hunters help as much as they can.

Quote:
You almost seem like a wolf lover. Why pay someone when they could make money off of them, just like deer, they make loads off of them, and even in the tb zone they let hunters help as much as they can.

Like i said i have nothing against most animals, love to hunt them or just watch, does that make me badd?

As for the case with the TB deer, there was a public meeting held and the locals were'nt happy about someone else comeing in and killing there deer. They knew it had to be done, its just they wanted to do the killing. ( bloodlust ) So to keep everyone happy the DNR issued permitts to the locals..

Quote:
If it was legal would you kill one???

Yes one maybe nice but its not high on my priorities, and if i wanted one badd enough i would just go to Canada.
If they did allow a wolf season then you will have a wave of outfitters popping up and after awhile then they will being screaming there are not enough permitts issued or quota is'nt high enough and they can't make any money. So then they fall into the same deal as the elk and other game animals.. ( Greed )

Last edited:
Quote:
Awwww, he's soooo pretty. Why would you want to hunt such a cute, cuddly, teddy bear. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just kidding, pretty scary when they lose their fear of humans. I had one in the front yard in the daylight one time, but he was eating left over grease from my bait barrels. And as soon as he figured out I was sneaking up on him and taking pictures (sorry, they are 35mm not digital) he took off in a hurry.

My Doberman went nose to nose with a young bear a few months ago. I told the wife to get the camera (digital) and the battery was dead of course!

Quote:
4949 Nice bear!! We used to have them come down off the hill, hang out in the neighbors swimmming pool, terrorize the neighborhood - all those things that make suburban Jersey interesting. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You guys need a functional 'management plan' for them before someone gets hurt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4949 I actually believe we see eye to eye on most of this.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Haha, your are right dogwchkr, we need to manage them!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quote:

Let the feds drop off some of these Canadian imports and they will clear that bear problem up in a hurry. Then they will move to the next available meal, etc.

Wow CK, you double posted me after I went to bed and wasn't even here to defend myself.

I am not trying to tell you guys how to live your lives out west. I am a proponent of proper game management and legalized hunting. This goes for the east AND west. Take the politics out of it, because I realize politics ruins any attempts at effective management.
I believe you SHOULD have a managed wolf season. But you want to take your frustration out on eastern hunters when you should be taking it out on the politicians and anti hunting lobbies.

You CAN change policy CK. You might have to work at it though.

Quote:

Timberbeast and Losthlegend are right on the money.

I'm a retired police officer and have hunted all my life.

I was born in Peoples Republik of New Jersey and got out as soon as I was able to when I was in my twenties ... PRNJ and the former eastern Communist bloc are one and the same, just like the average brutal communist regime. Just start verbally talking about guns there and all of a sudden you have swarming cop problems. Its so bad that the FBI doesn't even like working there; they prefer other Field Offices.

YES, "wolves" in Peoples Republik of New Jersey wear suits and uniforms.

I moved to and lived in Alaska for 19 years...hunted and called wolves and I know what I'm talking about. Wolves are like Jaws, 'cept Jaws is in the ocean and Wolves are on the land ... 1500 lbs. per sq. inch jaw strength. They belong in Alaska, not here in Wyoming or Anywhere in the West or Lower 48 ...only in Alaska. And YES, they attack humans; nothing new at all, but Very "politically incorrect" of course.

Wolves kill for the FUN OF IT. Its so disgustingly common to see cow moose on the south facing slopes in the spring get torn open and killed by wolves ... the wolves will rip her open, kill both her and the fetus, and LEAVE WITHOUT EATING ANYTHING. They'll run caribou across a frozen lake, each wolf taking a turn and as the Caribou tire, jump up alongside and rip the Caribou's hanging tongue out until it bleeds out and drops.

The above photos of the Wolves taking down the moose..and the pack gorging on it...I have the 8X10 color photo set of that incident which was north of the Mat-Su valley...it was taken by helicopter (Alaska F&G biologist) and the photos are timestamped/marked. In One Hour you can see bones of the moose from initial time of attack.

In sub zero temps, a large adult Wolf will enjoy over 20 lbs. of hot steaming meat in a day, as they burn and require a LOT of calories.

"Game Laws" and liberal tree-huggin' anti-constitutional judges (like the one on Montana who closed the Wyoming wolf season)? (It is ALSO a State's Rights Issue)... Welll...look at it this way ... What if all of a sudden Al Quida operatives and released terrorists from Gitmo were imported and allowed to suddenly live in YOUR neighborhood, amid YOUR family and Your way of life? ....and they were Protected by law??

And extreme example, Yes ... but there is a point there.

They belong in Alaska ... not here in the West.

Elks makes excellent points also ... The Wolves are no joke.

Cas in the High Desert.

Hey Cas,
I am not even sure this post deserves a response. But since I am a thick headed police officer from "back east," I am going to respond anyway.

You want to compare wolves to Al Quaeda? Yeah, I'll say that's a little over the top. I don't believe anyone on this thread indicated that wolves should not be hunted legally. The fact is they should be managed and hunted legally, or killed when they are threatening humans or damaging property same as the bears here in NJ. They should not be poached or killed illegally, just like any other animal.

So the suits and uniforms here in NJ are the wolves, are they? Without the suits and uniforms here the REAL wolves would take over. You know, the kind that Jim in Iowa mentioned. But you say you retired as a police officer, so you should know this already, right?

Last edited:
Quote:
Quote:
Actually, no, I don't kill coyotes just because they are coyotes. All of my coyote hunting is done on agricultural land for owners who need coyote control.

You have got to be kidding me. So, you don't go out to call coyotes because you enjoy it? You only kill coyotes that are causing problems? Sounds like a depressing way to hunt.

But, I hope you save the world. Me? I'm killing innocent coyotes and loving it.

Hmmm..... And one of the really "vile things" about wolves that has been mentioned in this thread a couple of times is that they kill for the fun of it.

Hmmm.......

Quote:
Saveourelk.com watch the slideshow to the end!

I just watched it. I can certainly see where you guys are coming from.

I still don't condone poaching or illegally killing them though.

Back