Your Pic of the Day

Dad's eyesight was failing and he couldn't see when his spoon hit the water, causing a lot more backlashes than usual. He needed some help from time to time getting them untangled, but still put his share of fish on the boat.
1787410221682.jpeg
 
Need some help from you bird experts out there. Have spent a lot of time trying to get decent photos of what I thought were falcons, but what the bird books I have access to point to being Swainson's Hawks. The only discrepancy I can find is (I would guess) the wing span on these birds is not over 3' and the book says the Swainsons are 52"?? Of course it is very difficult to determine size without anything for a reference. Anyone shed any light on this?
Here are the best pictures I have been able to get through the windows + they move really fast!! :ROFLMAO:
1787590322173.jpeg
1787591265982.jpeg
 
None of these are too recent. Stopped carrying dead coyotes some years back - just been leaving them. But I've been laid up for a few weeks, recovering from surgery with complications. Ten days in the hospital, another week on a feeding tube at home. Just getting up and around and eating a little solid food again this week.

So, I've been absolutely obsessed with getting out amongst 'em again this fall! Just can NOT WAIT for some cooler weather. The smell of dusty sage. The sudden adrenaline shot of seeing coyote coming to the call. Grilling steaks and a campfire at the end of the day. Coffee and cigar waiting for first light to make the first stand of the day. All that stuff. Just been thinking about it all almost non stop for weeks now.

Just to whet my own appetite even more...

IMG_2536.jpg


IMG_1685.jpg


11-17%208.jpg


FX3Yotes.jpg


DAA6Yotes.JPG


IMG_2584.jpg


IMG_2725.jpg


IMG_6053.jpg


- DAA
 
Wishing you a complete and speedy recovery Dave. I certainly commiserate with you on the inablility to get back out there and enjoy the great outdoors. Weather here has been so hot and dry that I feel like I have been in prison in my own home. Just saw a report this morning that this August has been the 5th hottest on record in Oklahoma and the 7 day forecast calls for 100 degrees, coupled with humidity means it feels like 105/107. Don't know how many times I have checked and re-checked my hunting equipment!
 
Been hearing about the weather in Oklahoma. Most of the people I work with are there. Sounds like it's been kind of miserable. We've set a few new one day records for hot this summer. We've had 20 days over 100. But no humidity to speak of most days. Getting a lot of monsoon rain lately, so humidity is up. But, nothing to complain about by comparison!

And I'm doing real good. Feeling stronger every day. Few more weeks before I'm supposed to lift anything, but otherwise, most of the way back to normal now.

- DAA
 
Oh man! Sorry to hear of the rough patch. Glad to hear that you’re over the hump so to speak. Keep going in that direction and get yourself well enough to get back after things the way you always have!
 
Back
Top