Anyone Hunt with a ............HONDA TRAIL 90..........

Gonzaga, Here are some pics of my Honda 90 and the scabbard mount. I made the scabbard to get what I wanted.

100_2083.jpg

The top mount is made from 1" stainless steel strap and covered with leather. It is secured to the headlight mount. The scabbard has a strap with buckle on each side to secure it to the strap. Easily removable.

000_0340.jpg

000_0341.jpg

000_0343.jpg

Bottom bracket is also stainless strap and is attached to the wheel spindle bolt. The scabbard is not attached to the bracket. It is shaped so that the scabbard will ride free in it to allow for shock travel.

000_0342.jpg

000_0344.jpg

Now that is one great idea Rimrock.

Necessity is the Mother of Invention.

Now tell me how to quiet down the exhaust noise.

How has the noise hindered your hunting...?

The noise has not been much of a factor as they are pretty quiet. I park it and walk a ways to my stands anyway.

If you really want it quiet, I guess you could just push it. LOL. On second thought, that wouldn't work for me. I would be puffing like a steam engine.

Nice rig.

The Trail 90 is a great idea except for the hunting conditions here Jan > March can be tough. Familiar sounds don't bother them here.

Heck that looks easy enuff. Thanks for posting them pics. I am gonna take my Honda to the shop this weekend, hope to get it done by Oct.

I've been waiting too long to get her running.

Gonza... these bikes would have been perfect for those areas you told me to hunt in for the Worlds.

Wish I did have it then.

If I get out your way again this year...we'll have to hook them up.

Ok this really bites! This site has cost me so much money!

Now I want what The impactzone has. A KLR650.
Had decided it was time for a new ATV. Now I'm so confused lol

expensive for sure... my cost 1300.00..... OUCH....

Blue book makes them worth 1500-2000 in great condition.

The owner was holding out for 1500... and wouldn't take several offers of 1100.00... nor my 1200..... so 1300 it was... finally.

I figure I could always get at least 1100 for it... so even a 200.00 loss wouldn't be much... BUT... I don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

I plan on turning it into a FUR-MO-BIKE.

That is if I can get my wife off of it....LOL

There is a guy selling a couple of them near here for 400. Of course they need some work, but still, that's a 700 difference

at that price... get them both... you will be assured of having at least one good one... and the other one can be sold for parts on ebay.

I could have used one in that country you told me to hunt. My van would could not travel that area... but these bikes would have been the ticket... they are made for your kind of country.

Last edited:
Dan,
Sounds like a good chunk of change, BUT, That bike looks to be cherry. From what I've seen around here, for a Trail 90 in that kinda condition, the guy was in the ball park with his asking price of $1500...I think ya done pretty good getting it for $1300.

What year is it?

How many miles it got on it?

Has it got the transmission with the option of running in hi or low?

One thing to look for on those old Honda's is rust in the fuel tank. Is this one rust free?

I'd like to find/have one in the shape that one looks to be in. I've also looked at a few Yamaha TW200's. I think a guy could make a nice fur-mo-bike outta one of those too.

Nice bike bud.
thumbup1.gif

I had one when I was 7. That bike is some how the fastest thing I will ever ride. It was my first taste of freedom. Thanks for the old memories.

Hey Larry/Doggin.... it's a 1979, with 1206 miles, and it does have the two different gear ratio selections. I haven't noticed any rust in the gas tank... i'll keep my eye on it.

I had a TW200 last year... a super bike... I had bought it a few years ago off of ebay from a guy in Utah... a really nice baby blue bike... ran wonderful...but I just didn't use it enough to keep it... so down the road she went.

But now I wanted a smaller bike so I could slip around slowly and quietly though the country... while being able to haul it easily in or on my van.

I don't want to move fast into position, while worring about being seen or heard... and then trying to call something in... I want small and stealth... if that's possible.

I think outside of the box so much that it scares me sometimes... because if I could make it happen... I would make some kind of side panels for this bike that would make it look like a cow... Now Your Laughing... but I'm serious... maybe crazy serious. If I could make it look like a cow moving slowly and quietly, then I would have advantages never thought possible. I'm almost embarrassed
to tell this part...but maybe some of you guys are outside the box enough to give me some ideas.

I can get furry brown or black material...but attaching it to some kind of side panel framework that comes up to my shoulder height is the trick. When you get done laughing and shaking your heads...LOL.... think about it for me... it makes my head swim with possibilties.... and I hope it's not just water on the brain.

Back