Anyone Hunt with a ............HONDA TRAIL 90..........

LMAO. A cow.
lol.gif
lol.gif
Sorry Dan. I was laughing.
lol.gif

Hey, who knows, you may be on to something. Sorry Dan. Still laughing.
lol.gif
lol.gif

Dang, 1206 miles. That bike ain't even broke in good yet. I'd pay that kinda money for one like that. In a heartbeat. And I'd use it just like you're intending to. Well except for the cardboard cow sides.
lol.gif

Got a suggestion (and it does work) for quieting the exhaust. Have somebody, or do it yourself, weld a 90 degree elbow (same I.D. as the Honda pipe) on the end of the exhaust pipe pointing straight down. Slip a snug fitting piece of heavy hose over the elbow and cut it off so it's about 1 or 2 inches above the ground when the suspension is fully collapsed. By the time the exhaust gasses get way back to the end of the pipe they are pretty cool, so they won't hurt the hose.

You would be surprised how much less noise there is by getting most all of the exhaust going down toward the ground. I did this with my old Honda 300cc ATV and now you can hear more motor noise than you can exhaust noise.

Moo, moo, moo.
lol.gif

I thought about riding a cow...but didn't think I could get it in my van....LOL.

Larry... I like the muffler idea...sounds like a winner for sure. I had heard about stuffing it with stainless steel pot scrub pads... which does muffle it as well...but yours sounds better. I'll have to look into that.

RJM says these things will climb trees... may have to try that gear if I get a love sick bull after me.

This whole idea may just turn into a Big Bunch of Bull.

I may have to catch another gear on my brain cells as well.

I'm trying to get away from having to hide the vehicle... walk to a spot...call...walk back to the vehicle...and start it all over again a mile down the road.

I'm thinking that if I can motor along slowly and quietly into a calling spot... and NOT have to worry about being seen by Mr. Coyote, while moving into position or setting out the caller. If he sees me... he may just scratch his head about this crazy looking cow thing. And then... after that set is over... I can motor along another mile or so and start it over again without having to walk it all... or worry about being seen...AND... I may be able to shoot right from it, as well as dragging their butts back to the vehicle if I wanted too. I could cover more country with less effort and less time. Riding the bike on it's own would scare any dogs that saw me...so hopefully the cow thing would relax them during their laughter. AND... it seems like... if you killed a dog... and the others ran away... the cow-mo-bike may be able to slither after them for another setup... or an opportunity for another shot as they mill around in confusion.

I know this sounds crazy...but the possiblities makes me consider it rather strongly.

PS... Oh Yes... I almost forgot....your can't rule out the bacon on the exhaust pipe... LOL.

I know that deer and hogs don't turn my crank much anymore... went out this morning bowhunting deer... and had a couple of nice boars come by within range that didn't excite me enough to shoot them.

Guess I've gone Coyote Crazy....

or I need to take my Medicine.

Originally Posted By: Rimrock1Gonzaga, Here are some pics of my Honda 90 and the scabbard mount. I made the scabbard to get what I wanted.
Nice leather work. Did you hand sew and is that a hobby or are you a leather worker by trade?
100_2083.jpg

The top mount is made from 1" stainless steel strap and covered with leather. It is secured to the headlight mount. The scabbard has a strap with buckle on each side to secure it to the strap. Easily removable.

000_0340.jpg

000_0341.jpg

000_0343.jpg

Bottom bracket is also stainless strap and is attached to the wheel spindle bolt. The scabbard is not attached to the bracket. It is shaped so that the scabbard will ride free in it to allow for shock travel.

000_0342.jpg

000_0344.jpg

May be try taking one of those cheap blue foam sleeping pads and cutting out the shape paint or camo it...It then could be roled up to store it.HOWS THAT FOR OUTSIDE THE BOX
Dan 2
Originally Posted By: dan brothersHey Larry/Doggin.... it's a 1979, with 1206 miles, and it does have the two different gear ratio selections. I haven't noticed any rust in the gas tank... i'll keep my eye on it.

I had a TW200 last year... a super bike... I had bought it a few years ago off of ebay from a guy in Utah... a really nice baby blue bike... ran wonderful...but I just didn't use it enough to keep it... so down the road she went.

But now I wanted a smaller bike so I could slip around slowly and quietly though the country... while being able to haul it easily in or on my van.

I don't want to move fast into position, while worring about being seen or heard... and then trying to call something in... I want small and stealth... if that's possible.

I think outside of the box so much that it scares me sometimes... because if I could make it happen... I would make some kind of side panels for this bike that would make it look like a cow... Now Your Laughing... but I'm serious... maybe crazy serious. If I could make it look like a cow moving slowly and quietly, then I would have advantages never thought possible. I'm almost embarrassed
to tell this part...but maybe some of you guys are outside the box enough to give me some ideas.

I can get furry brown or black material...but attaching it to some kind of side panel framework that comes up to my shoulder height is the trick. When you get done laughing and shaking your heads...LOL.... think about it for me... it makes my head swim with possibilties.... and I hope it's not just water on the brain.

Current bike is a Yamaha Trailways 200. Works great, but I find myself taking the 4 wheeler more often than not. Every trail 90 I have hunted with has gotten around good, except when things got a little steep. But that may have been more of a rider weight issue than the bike. I have learned one thing, a lighter bike is easier for me to control anymore.

RJM... my bike has more of a small lever than a nut... just a simple flip to change it.

I sat down in front of that bike for over two hours today, brain storming ideas on how to make it into my
Mow-Mo-Bike... and I think I can make it happen. If I can pull it off...it should have two black furry sides panels that are wide enough for me to get on and off... a rifle rack...and a head that will move up and down... and... a floppy tail... and some swinging legs. It will have two wide baskets... front and rear... for carring stuff and dead coyotes. Plus... the rifle rest will be between it's ears.

LOL... I know this all sounds crazy...maybe I should stop doing the drugs...LOL.

Originally Posted By: dan brothers

LOL... I know this all sounds crazy...maybe I should stop doing the drugs...LOL.

Or maybe you should start ?

We had one of these when I was a kid too. It was a great bike and I had a lot of fun on it.

As far as a silencer goes, I was reading on one of the ATV forums about some cheaper alternatives. A few of the guys went to muffler shops and bought the smallest muffler available. They bought a few pipes and flanges to piece it together. For less than $50 they had a silencer as good as the Kolpin.

there is a spark arrester in it at this time... and the plan was to add something on the end out past the arrestor.

Exhaust smell will be an issue...and I'm sure they smell it all the time as well... but if I can keep the noise down, and add a confusing cow image... then two major factors will be out of the way for better success.

The weird thing about the exhaust is that I can start it up... then put my hand over the end of the pipe, at idle, and it still runs...without ANY NOISE... just the motor noise, which is slight. I know I can't run it with the exhaust closed, but it gave me hope of being able to get it church mouse quiet.

Guys... I do go back and forth on this crazy idea. I try to live in a world of reality as much as possible...but sometimes the grass does look greener over across the fence of reality.... but then again... I may be getting Mad Cow Disease.

rode one(110) when i was a kid... to each is own,... my pred huntin partner, will load up his mountain bike when hunting the "flat stands" when not w/me....seems to score so cant dog him too much...lol!!!

Back