Jimmy Houston I used to have a little respect for the man.

I think the ethics of these so called "sportsman" are disgusting. Not a penny of mine will go towards any product that Jimmy Houston has endorsed. What the hell was he thinking????

Budmandan

I hope that @#$%$#@! chokes on venison, I agree with Budmandan, No more products supported by Jimmy Houston, Now know as that bas@#$#.
No sportsmanship what so ever of any kind.
Makes me sick to my stomach!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats disgusting. The legislature here outlawed game farms where these "hunts" took place. One thing I noticed in the video clip was the comment about the high concentration of animals increases the risk of disease. Herein lies one of my pet peeves and that is the habit of feeding deer and elk "so I can look at them in my yard". It is my opinion that someday this bad habit is going to bite us all in the hind end. F&G sits idly by and won't stop the practice. This comment will probably raise a few hackles. Oh well.

That is sickening. Anyone who would participate in such activities should be banned for life. Almost as disgusting as sex offenders. They should have their own national registry!

I watched it yesterday. He's sitting in a treestand with a bow as deer run back and forth below him in an enclosure.
He wants to shoot a buck with a huge, reindeer-like rack, but it keeps running by and encountering a fence. According to the page there is bait in the leaves also. Don't know why he needs bait when he's in an enclosure that looks to be about 1 acre.
Other videos show stuff going on at Bellars' game farm.
-propping up a nearly dead deer so a guy can shoot him. the deer fell over and they had to reset.
-what appears to be a drugged deer walking right up to a blind and staring at the occupants. he then wandered off about 30 yds and was shot.
-some poser shooting a deer with a blunt, hitting him way behind the ribs, then turning to the camera and saying he just killed the biggest deer of his life. To clarify, the blunt bounced off. They were going to drug the deer later so the guy could get pics with it.

Mine wouldn't work either until I downloaded the new Flashplayer linked at the top of the page.

Last edited:
I visited their site, had to downloaded Flash player 8 to view it. The easiest way to see the whole thing is to scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the Full video segment otherwise you must watch it in sections.

This whole high fence hunting stuff just disgusts me! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
I now have nothing for Jimmy Houston whatsoever after seeing this. I would have thought that he would have held what real sportsman treasure in higher regard than that. I guess not, what a Loser! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif

Thanks JimT, that is troubling and they call it a hunting show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I view this activity on the same level as running and killing coyotes with dogs. (Not using a dog as a decoy, which I find is acceptable) It is just sick.

Jeff, when coyotes are run in high fence enclosures, they are not killed. This is a training exercise, and there are many culverts and such provided for the coyote to duck into when it has had enough. Fresh coyotes are brought in regularly.

Coyotes run outside of enclosures have no boundaries. They can and do run where ever they please. Catches result in only about 20% (or less) of the chases. Doesn't sound very productive does it? It isn't productive at all. It's not about killing coyotes, it's about the chase. Houndsmen do it for the chase.

Deer herds cultivated in high fence enclosures are more like cattle in temperment. They are conditioned to the smell and presence of people. They know where all the salt licks and food dispensers are located. They've been conditioned to abandon all caution. They will calmly approach a bunch of noisy, beer drinking, self-proclaimed "sportsmen" sitting on Barkaloungers in a blind. These deer would probably still approach even if these slobs were sitting at a card table in the open with the radio playing. There's no sport in this activity at all.

Also for those who haven't seen it a person is walking around the outside of the fence to move [herd] the buck to the """hunter"""-idiot.

I remember one of the older video shows maybe early 90's where a group of guys w/dogs got in a circle and someone brought out a panther/puma and turned it loose -the dogs pinned it down and a guy walked up and shot it.
I've never forgot that pathetic moment nor will i forget this one.
Here in the south there places where dog hunters can take their dogs to chase high fenced coyotes.A guy told me after they've been chased alot they'll just fight knowing running is fruitless.He told me the guy will let you shoot one of the fighters for $80.I stood there puzzled and remembered the small black cat video.
I guess it boils down to the old saying -money is the root of all evil- Mike

Mike, I have the good fortune to know a fairly large group of houndsmen. They have the highest ethical standards and would never, never pay to kill a coyote in a pen.
(Clarification: Some have had to pay to cover the cost of a coyote killed. There is no intention to kill the coyote and the "kill" dogs are always left at home. But sometimes the trackers will do it. And the houndsman is obligated to reimburse the pen owner for expenses.)

Just like the deer "hunters" I guess every aspect of this sport has it's low-life scum. And it gets left up to the rest of us to keep the standard high enough so they don't drag us down into the sewer with them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Last edited:
Back