We Killed Two Hundred... And A New Challenge!

Originally Posted By: getemcloseHey thanks Cody.

You're becoming my hero with all the success you've had lately both coyotes and deer. In fact I'm a tad jealous of the deer... Keep up the good work!

200 is very IMPRESSIVE, especially for anyone only able to hunt them several days a week!! Are all those called in or are some chased down on the tracked ATV?

Tony and Tom are correct about your numbers dropping if you want to get serios about filming and get footage that is worthy of making the cut. It's not that you won't call in less it's just that you be making less stands (because of the extra time of setting up and getting the extra footage) whichs obviously leads to less coyotes. Plus you will realize really fast that a great stand from a hunting standpoint is not always a great stand from a filming standpoint! Plus on top of that, realize that someone always has to run the camera which cuts down on the number of shooters on stand especially if you are used to you and your partner always hunting together!!

Good luck on your endeavor and hopefully you'll be able to put something together that is up to par!!!

Geoff

Originally Posted By: TonyTebbe
If you are serious about filming your hunts, you better fully expect your kill numbers to go down by 50%. That's just the way it happens when you setup for the camera and lay off the gun. Get used to it.
smile.gif

thats 100% true, but kill numbers go down by about 60-70% if you are self filming... i've done about 20 self film kill shots this year, if i would of had a designated camera person on half the hunts i went on myself, we would of had over 50!!! its a whole new ballgame when you are by yourself calling and filming, almost like a new sport... runnin the HD and runnin the gun... gotta love it!!!

Congratulations!!! That is dedication.
thumbup.gif

Do you stretch the fur?

Looks like there is anew topgun in town
thumbup.gif

Years ago a member posted that he had killed a few over a hundred in a season. Looks like he could learn a few tricks from you.

What state are you in?

Good job guys! That is quite a haul! I like that tracked atv for snow. That would be nice for chores around the ranch. Does it stay on top of the snow pretty good? Ever get it stuck? Looks like a fantastic season for ya!

Originally Posted By: CoyoteCraze200 is very IMPRESSIVE, especially for anyone only able to hunt them several days a week!! Are all those called in or are some chased down on the tracked ATV?

Tony and Tom are correct about your numbers dropping if you want to get serios about filming and get footage that is worthy of making the cut. It's not that you won't call in less it's just that you be making less stands (because of the extra time of setting up and getting the extra footage) whichs obviously leads to less coyotes. Plus you will realize really fast that a great stand from a hunting standpoint is not always a great stand from a filming standpoint! Plus on top of that, realize that someone always has to run the camera which cuts down on the number of shooters on stand especially if you are used to you and your partner always hunting together!!

Good luck on your endeavor and hopefully you'll be able to put something together that is up to par!!!

Geoff

Thats an insult man.. Some people just dont get it.. No, none of them were chased on an atv.. A tracked wheeler isnt even capable of catching a coyote.. They were all called, stalked, or shot going into a stand./
As far as were I live.. Im now in MT. But I hunt MT, SD, ID, and ND.. we travel allllot..
Guys just really dont get it I dont think? If we could hunt hard every day 1000 coyotes would die.. We have a pretty decent idea of what were doing, and we have filmed before. 80% of the coyote we call, get killed on film. Heck!, If 2-3 coyotes come in, I have confidence my partner will kill all of them. If we are very picky on stand placement in early season, we can call coyotes almost every single stand.. Im in no way trying to brag, but guys really just dont get it.. at all. A few do, but not many.. Stuff like "did you chase some on the atv" just reallly grinds my gears sorry.

Thanks.

The atv is VERY hard to get stuck! TRUST ME! haha.. we have had it through allot. and it flat out performs!.. It would be great for ranch chores man!

redfrog - thanks! I stretch the nice pales! the rest I sell on the whole!

Good job getemclose! I was just asking about the tracks as far as getting around feeding hay to the cattle. I am about wore out getting stock fed through the snow this winter. I think spring is close though I saw 8 robins yesterday if that means anything. Anyway great job and if you ever make a dvd I will order one! Good hunting!

I have a tracked Rincon. It is almost impossible to get stuck and we got 44 inches of snow this year. Only been stuck once and should have stopped before I got in that far.

Ya Yote! They are beasts arent they! We actually dont use ours as much as we thought we would. But we still have had really good success getting back into hard to reach areas and calling them in.

223pete - If you ever get up my way come check ours out!

223 - its a custom setup. I actually dont shoot it much. ill get some specs up with a pic for you though!

boand SD is littered with dogs!

"Thats an insult man.. Some people just dont get it.. No, none of them were chased on an atv.. A tracked wheeler isnt even capable of catching a coyote.. They were all called, stalked, or shot going into a stand./
"As far as were I live.. Im now in MT. But I hunt MT, SD, ID, and ND.. we travel allllot..
Guys just really dont get it I dont think? If we could hunt hard every day 1000 coyotes would die.. We have a pretty decent idea of what were doing, and we have filmed before. 80% of the coyote we call, get killed on film. Heck!, If 2-3 coyotes come in, I have confidence my partner will kill all of them. If we are very picky on stand placement in early season, we can call coyotes almost every single stand.. Im in no way trying to brag, but guys really just dont get it.. at all. A few do, but not many.. Stuff like "did you chase some on the atv" just reallly grinds my gears sorry."

Ahh the arrogance of youth. No offense intended, but if you come off like that on film it wont go over real well. I dont doubt you ability to call and kill coyotes, and even to get it on film, but getting good usable footage will take a little more than that, and will affect your numbers.

most for me is 52 in one season. but i live in a state that has a lot of coyotes. and i was much younger. what guns do you commonly use??

Back