Whats your squarril gun?

Quote:
Quote:
This works good on squirrels and rabbits

IMG_1816.jpg

t/c223encore.

thats what i have as well but my stock is camo, and i have a standard barrel and a camo TruGlow red dot scope, wanna get a ss bull barrel though...

Other than reworking the trigger group, dressing it to suit my style and a bolt buffer mine is completely factory issue. Which, now that I think about it, I guess don't really make it completely factory anymore /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif LOL.

t/c223encore.

Quote:
This works good on squirrels and rabbits

IMG_1816.jpg

t/c223encore.

Encore can we get some more info on that beast?

thank you

GJ

Any OLD .22 cal that will shoot a 1/2 inch group at 50 yd. I do like Mossberg that are made in the 1940's. A 513T Remington has just come in to my arsenal and is proving itself worthy of squirrel hunting. I have gone through so many .22's to find great shooters and the ammo they like. If it won't hold a tight group it's gone.

GJ2nd

Stainless Ruger 10/22, ATI fiberforce stock, Bsquare roto-tilt bipod, Simmons 3-9x32, Butler Creek blizzard caps, Weaver see through rings, Clear shot lens shade (soft rubber kinda like a radiator hose), Minimag flashlight with pressure switch cap, Kool-mount flashlight holder.

Anything more specific you want to know?

t/c223encore.

CZ452032.jpg

22BR or 17Rem..........

Oh,,,,,,,,,you ment Tree Squirrls,,, not Ground Squirrls. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif
In that case I go with a Rem. 504 or a nice old K22.
Both in 22LR of course.

CZ452044.jpg

Yea I made it, but I didn't invent it.
It's called a Bugger Bench.
There is a web-site somewhere that I got the dimentions from but I can't rember which one.
I got all the parts from Home Depot. About 30 bucks total.
You could do it cheaper with a piece of 3/4 plywood but I found thought the laminated pine looked better.

Try a search or Google for the web site.
If ya can't find it pm me and I'll measure mine for ya.

Did a Google and couldn't find anything but the more I looked at your pix I could wing it pretty easily. Your right with the pine, looks a lot better than ply. I have a bunch of oak, cherry, and maple rough cut boards that I think would look nice. Be heavy as [beeep] though, well, that could be good. Speaking of squirrels, tried to call in some yotes tonight and got busted by one, went to another spot and 5min into it something cought my eye. A jet black squirrel. Never seen one like that around here. Wanted to shoot it but the .243 and .357 would both be overkill, I'd like to tan the hide. Got to get me another rimfire.

Quote:
Thanks Bdawg..we was spellin it wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smiliesmack.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

Yes he was,,,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif Sorry about that.

Hey,,,,, I'm a Carpenter, not a School Marm. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

That black Squirll would have been nice to get mounted with a Coyote or Bobcat trying to catch it.
Expencive,,, but a cool mount.

Post some pix of the bench when you get it done.

Edited for spelling. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:
RePete
will do with the pix. Ya may just see that black tree rat too, I should be getting my old Savage model 7 back this week so I'll be lookin for him. It has a habit of emptying the magazine when I give a nice easy target squeeze so my gunsmith is lookin at it.

Nuttin says Squirrel, gravy and biscuits like a Winchester Model 12 (12ga.full) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Model12.jpg

Unless it would be a Remington 870 Wingmaster also 12 gauge full choke /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3SqrlGun2.jpg

I use CZ 452 American in 22lr with a 2x7 Weaver scope. Great combo but I'm thinking of getting a CZ Scout for the tree rats. Some great looking rigs above, that Mod 12 is really sweet, used to kill em at the spot-shoots with one.

peace.
unloaded

Marlin 39as or the Browning buckmark. Might use the 410 never really know what I will hunt them with till I walk out the door.

Oh, can't forget this.
IMGP0494-1.jpg

It was originally a build for silhouette but I made two at once and liked the other better, so this one became a "beater". Its probably the most comfortable and best balanced rimfire I have for shooting off-hand.

Back