whydo you hunt predators?

person123

im not a hunter and im wondering why you guys do it. in particular i want to know about how you think predator hunting impacts the local ecosystem. explain the motives behind hunting predators, specifically coyotes, and please use any scientific reasoning if possible. thanks

edit: im not trying to say hunting is bad, im just wondering why people do it and how they think it affects the ecosystem.

*disclaimer *im not against the killing of coyotes unless i see some scientific evidence that it is bad for the ecosystem. i am against killing animals for fun and false ideas of how it affects the ecosystem. i support killing coyotes that affect livestock and threaten people.

Last edited:
... great practice for when there is a Zombie Apocalypse!

I feel that is about as scientific as you could get. Right ???
grin.gif

Not a hunter and your on here? lol Sorry... There are way too many of them and cause nothing but trouble. So I try to help out the local wildlife (deer, turkey,..) farmers / ranchers with their cattle, sheep, goats, chickens. Family and friends who have dogs, cats, w/e.... All a potential meal for coyotes and other predators. Sorry thats not scientific but those are my reasons.. They Must Die

wow, lots of sarcastic posts. im sensing you all think im some environmentalist, but im really just a normal person whos asking a question. can i get some serious answers?

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyBecause its something to do between clubbing baby seals and harpooning whales.

Chupa

Nice.
Can I change my answer?

Could you please post a link to a good wine and cheese forum? I'm very interested in thoughts on how shoes made from hemp and body odor impact the Eco-system.

Chupa

Originally Posted By: ChupathingyCould you please post a link to a good wine and cheese forum? I'm very interested in thoughts on how shoes made from hemp and body odor impact the Eco-system.

Chupa

im sensing lots of intelligence in this one.

Originally Posted By: person123Originally Posted By: ChupathingyCould you please post a link to a good wine and cheese forum? I'm very interested in thoughts on how shoes made from hemp and body odor impact the Eco-system.

Chupa

im sensing lots of intelligence in this one.

Nope, I've made it abundantly clear to you that I'm a backwards redneck moron, but I've got curiosity by the truckload.

Chupa

Well this looks like a fun one to answer. The reason I hunt coyotes is because It's fun. There is very few things in life that science can explain fully, i.e. golf, vegans, gay marriage etc. there are plenty of positive impacts of coyote hunting on the ecosystem better survival rates of fawns in many big game species..deer, antelope, and others. For alot of us ranchers it protects our livestock. Without human interaction in our part of the world the coyotes literally take over until they have eaten everything and then disease and starvation sets in and they end up dying very horrible slow painful deaths. I would just like to help keep a little balance in the food chain. While honing my skills as a hunter gather species and last but certainly not least having a little fun in the process.

Originally Posted By: Doc fur &Mr.hideWell this looks like a fun one to answer. The reason I hunt coyotes is because It's fun. There is very few things in life that science can explain fully, i.e. golf, vegans, gay marriage etc. there are plenty of positive impacts of coyote hunting on the ecosystem better survival rates of fawns in many big game species..deer, antelope, and others. For alot of us ranchers it protects our livestock. Without human interaction in our part of the world the coyotes literally take over until they have eaten everything and then disease and starvation sets in and they end up dying very horrible slow painful deaths. I would just like to help keep a little balance in the food chain. While honing my skills as a hunter gather species and last but certainly not least having a little fun in the process.

Great answer Doc! Be sure and post up some of your Kill pics.
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: Doc fur &Mr.hideWell this looks like a fun one to answer. The reason I hunt coyotes is because It's fun. There is very few things in life that science can explain fully, i.e. golf, vegans, gay marriage etc. there are plenty of positive impacts of coyote hunting on the ecosystem better survival rates of fawns in many big game species..deer, antelope, and others. For alot of us ranchers it protects our livestock. Without human interaction in our part of the world the coyotes literally take over until they have eaten everything and then disease and starvation sets in and they end up dying very horrible slow painful deaths. I would just like to help keep a little balance in the food chain. While honing my skills as a hunter gather species and last but certainly not least having a little fun in the process.

B.S. Doc! Everybody knows that the Nature Spirit Godess Lilandra takes care of all that for us...

Chupa

Person123,
I could give you a long and sincere scientific explanation of why I hunt coyotes but I don't hunt coyotes because of a scientific reason. I hunt coyotes because I am a hunter. I hunted whitetail deer with a primitive bow and stone points for ten years with success and coyotes are way more challenging with a rifle and shotgun. My farmer/neighbors appreciate what I do as it cuts back on their livestock losses and pet owners like the benefits as well but I don't do it solely because of those reasons. In a society that is so eager to accept people for any PC reason but looks at hunters with such disdain most guys I know are snake bit and jaded when it comes to explanations. As a hunter I want to project a positive attitude to all but sometimes it is difficult in today's climate. Hope the best, redjaw

Originally Posted By: yotecatslayer34 " can i get some serious answers? " lol [beeep]? Mine wasnt serious ?

your answer was good and i appreciate it, i was just talking to the other people

" I could give you a long and sincere scientific explanation of why I hunt coyotes but I don't hunt coyotes because of a scientific reason. I hunt coyotes because I am a hunter. I hunted whitetail deer with a primitive bow and stone points for ten years with success and coyotes are way more challenging with a rifle and shotgun. My farmer/neighbors appreciate what I do as it cuts back on their livestock losses and pet owners like the benefits as well but I don't do it solely because of those reasons. In a society that is so eager to accept people for any PC reason but looks at hunters with such disdain most guys I know are snake bit and jaded when it comes to explanations. As a hunter I want to project a positive attitude to all but sometimes it is difficult in today's climate. Hope the best, redjaw " + 1 Amen !

Back