How about a WW4? (in SW wyoming)

Thanks. I won't be able to make WW4 but I might be heading that way in mid June, providing y'all don't kill 'em all.

The two of us are still in, so hope the weather gets better. Looks like it's been nasty over there for the last two. Just name a place and time. GENE'O

Dan,
I can do a squeaker for you, no problem.

Hopefully the weather calms down soon. We are supposed to be getting some more storms here in Utah again this week. It seems like what we get either comes from Wyoming or goes there. You really don't want to be off the paved roads if it is very wet. COME ON SUNSHINE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Looking forward to seeing all you there.

Paul

Not this time, my week to work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Maybe next year or later this summer.

Brad

Wow, we are two weeks away... I also hope it stops raining at some point. I wanted to get up there to do some scouting, but it doesn't look like that will happen. I guess we will wing it.

Looks like we may have a good turn out this year. So my question is.... What "clubs" are you bringin'?

I'll have the 22-250, 223, and 17hmr (and the 9-iron for the really close ones). I'll be bringing my father in law with his 204,223,and 17hmr. If Paul (moose57) and Tony (tonlocus) are there, I know the EBRs will be well represented (along with some great long range bolt-guns.) Anybody else?

Later,
Paul

I'll be bringing my 221 Fireball, 223 AR, Ruger 25-06 sporter. Might bring the 17HMR and the shot gun so I can keep their heads down so Tony (tonlocus) doesn't shoot all the close ones. Guess I need to load the Praire dog all clear whistle on my Foxpro.

Lance, your bringing a shot gun to shoot praire dogs? I know your a crack shot and all but geez. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Randy, I think maybe he's just a little too over-confident with that new camo he bought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Yeah, maybe we should rig up a siren to Tony's doggin' wagon so we can give them some sort of warning.

On a serious note, we tried to scout that area about a month ago, just looking for new clusters of burrows or whatever. But it was REALLY wet that day from melting snow. The running water was causing quite a bit of trenching errosion in the terrain and the road. At the least, an shovel might come in handy when we go up there. Last year we could pretty much drive anywhere, but this looked a bit more complicated. It's just a thought, and maybe it won't be a big deal, but you never know...

Paul

Dang guys, are you tryin to say I'm a dog hog? I know I've got 800 rounds of ammo loaded up but I don't intend to use ALL of it. lol /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Lance, I changed my mind. You take the long ones and I'll take the close ones. So leave the scattergun at home. Not you Jason. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-006.gif

I just checked the weather forcast for Mountain View, Wyoming for the next ten days. Mountain View is just south of where we hunt. It looks like off and on showers for the next ten days. Not what I really want to hear for hunting prairie dogs. On the bright side, the duck hunting is looking up! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif One positive note however, we should find a target rich environment. It's almost certain there has been no pressure at all on the dog towns as access has been near impossible. So pray for a dry sunny week before we go and kill all God's creatures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

As far as clubs go, I'm bring the EBR for sure. Also the 22-250, the 6mm and maybe even the 300 WM for the stubborn ones.

COME ON SUNSHINE! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Paul

Here's a map of the general area we will be: NE of Carter

How about this? Tony must be restricted to his .45 for the first 15 minutes of each "set-up," the first 5 minutes of which he must be blindfolded /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The 21st is looking kind of bleak for me now, as far as my being able to attend. If the planets align just so, and I am able to come, I plan on bringing the Bushy Varminter, the .17HMR, and as per usuual, my .40 S&W riding on my hip. Just in case they charge our position and we get into some close quarter stuff. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Hopefully the weather cooperates, as Paul mentioned, the long range forecasts don't look good.

Thanks Jason. I guess you remember that prairie dog in the road that ducked that 185 grainer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused1.gif

I'm sorry to say that if it continues to rain through to the 21st up there I won't be attending. Way too long of a drive to get rained out.
I just checked the weather channel website and it said partly cloudy/sunny for the week before the 21st. Let's hope they're right.

If it's not looking too good by next week, maybe we should look into postponing for a week or two.

Well folks,

I was really looking forward to this rendevous, but issues with the local irrigation district has put quite a hurdle in the road for me on the 21st. Gene'O is still planning on making it if it doesn't get rained out. Is anybody that can't make the May shindig planning on going in June? I think my irrigation problems will be resolved by then. Guess if nobody goes in June the local rockchucks and columbians will pay dearly /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angry-smiley-055.gif. By the way, I can't figure out what EBR is.

Back