We Killed Two Hundred... And A New Challenge!

Originally Posted By: borkonMitch, first off, yes, that WAS intended to be a pm, i asked the mods to delete it as soon as i seen it on the open forum and as of now they have'nt.

As I told you.........you have the ability to edit every post you have made.Just click on edit at the bottom of your own post and you can remove what ever you like!

.220 swift, i keep trying that and it comes back and says this post can no longer be deleted?? your a mod.. go ahead and delete it please

cursing.gif
I just don't get this. Joined today ofter several years of lurcking just for this post. Mitch congradulations on reaching your goal. As for respect, what do you guys want? He answered all the questions. Electronic call, lives in mt hunts there, nd, sd, & id. So what if he thinks he can make a better video then what's out there. Steve Jobs thought he could do things better then the competition with a different vision, and after losing his job and getting it back years later, he did just that. There is always someone that can find a new way to do it better. Maybe mitch is the one. That is why I am quite about my hunting now. Entered two contests in the early nineties, and got kicked out of both. Not because we cheated, but because we did it better and people didn't like that. Walk into a bar with 18 fox in one day and let the cheating allegations begin.

Originally Posted By: borkon.220 swift, i keep trying that and it comes back and says this post can no longer be deleted?? your a mod.. go ahead and delete it please

Done!

Maybe what was happening is you have to leave something there to replace what you removed.Be it a period or smiley face or something if you delete the entire message.

Last edited:
I just wanna say congrats thats amazing and I HOPE YOU BAT 1000 NEXT SEASON. worst things on the videos today is they end with not enough kills and leave me wantin more you kill 200+ on film and ill buy a box set from you
smile.gif
thumbs up and you dont get cocky without being good for awhile. Keep the muzzle and camera in action for me

And as for the it's not rocket science comment, it is not. Most guys are over geared and under planned. Call where the coyotes are. If your within 700, 800 yards your success will go up. Be stealthy going to and from your stands, gun shots don't educate yotes (it's just a noise to them), people educate coyotes. Quit trying to figure out the perfect sound. I use 3 distress sounds and 4 howls, and only 1 of the distress sounds is native to here, I use the others for volume on windy days. Lastly let the yote feel secure. Give them a way to get to you. For those that are going to ask. I have not shot as many as mitch or some others, but I know what I am talking about, I do ok.
2010-2011 17 days hunting, 203 stands called, 79 yotes and 13 fox killed. All within 40 miles of home in heavily hunted country.

Originally Posted By: d0gs1ay3rAnd as for the it's not rocket science comment, it is not. Most guys are over geared and under planned. Call where the coyotes are. If your within 700, 800 yards your success will go up. Be stealthy going to and from your stands, gun shots don't educate yotes (it's just a noise to them), people educate coyotes. Quit trying to figure out the perfect sound. I use 3 distress sounds and 4 howls, and only 1 of the distress sounds is native to here, I use the others for volume on windy days. Lastly let the yote feel secure. Give them a way to get to you. For those that are going to ask. I have not shot as many as mitch or some others, but I know what I am talking about, I do ok.
2010-2011 17 days hunting, 203 stands called, 79 yotes and 13 fox killed. All within 40 miles of home in heavily hunted country.

Very good advice. A person could learn more by reading this than could be learned from any DVD.

I dont post much but I love reading your posts too. Thats something I will probably never get to experience and just like to see those pics. Keep it up Mitch I can tell you really enjoy it

Originally Posted By: jay deeThats what i thought.

Your lame attempt at west vs. east is misguided and has no place in this thread. Why on earth would one leave hunting grounds like that to hunt back east?

Originally Posted By: rpc55Originally Posted By: jay deeThats what i thought.

Your lame attempt at west vs. east is misguided and has no place in this thread. Why on earth would one leave hunting grounds like that to hunt back east?

Always quick to tell somebody what not to say...

Just want too say that I dont hold hard feelings to you guys on here. In fact I really really enjoy posting on here and communicating with alot of you guys.. I get fired up easily, and when how I kill my coyotes, or personal stabs are made at my calling partner, who is also like a dad to me, and has been for years, I am going to get worked up. everytime..

Marty and I go way back, to the days when I was eight years old and bright eyed and bushy tailed to kill some coyotes!.. Marty had a son (Luke) who was also my age. Every weekend he took us along with him hunting.. Be it deer, coyotes, or fishing walleye!. We loved it, and Luke and I were like brothers.. Whatever we needed, Marty made sure we had it, Luke and I grew up together, and became very close.. Marty luke and I had a great thing going, we loved spending time with each other, and we loved hunting!

I dont want to even guess the amount of hours Marty spent with us. He could have went with his buddies, and had allot more success, but it was all about Luke and I. I cant even express the respect I have for him.

Luke died in a car wreck when he was 16. My life, martys life, and many others were turned upside down. I can remember sitting in my room for a week straight, not knowing were I would turn. That winter Marty and I decided we dedicate our next full season to Luke, we would hunt harder, longer, smarter. Thats what Luke would have wanted!

Since that time Its been nothing but coyotes for marty and I. He taught me everything I know. and at 19 yrs old. I feel like I can go out on any given day and kill five or more coyotes. Without Marty and Luke I bet I wouldnt even be hunting today.. He is the only guy I hunt with, and I dont respect anyone more..

When shots are made at him, by people who dont even know half the story im going to get fired up. I would never like to be told those words to my face, I dont know how I would handle it..

Coyote hunting to us is almost beyond hobby, its more like a way of life. We eat, sleep, breath it.. We put all of our free time hours into it.. We call the same coyotes everyone else is dealt, were not on a secluded planet with fluffy coyotes around every corner, a guy has to work for his stripes just like every other guy.. Ive had plenty of guys question me on how we kill so much fur. Again, I get fired up, as It hurts to hear someone say that to you, after you put so much blood sweat and time into killing them coming to a call.. Just this morning I killed five coyotes, and saw two groups snowmobiling them. those guys kills 30 a day.. Its tough to see, but a guy has to persevere.. The five I killed were after about 10 miles of walking, and some frozen fingers!.. I get very fired up over it, I speak whats on my mind.. That not always a good thing on the internet.

I always enjoyed posting, as I felt it helped out alot of guys, and maybe was just an enjoyable read to the more seasoned callers.. Lately it just seems im getting more grief than anything else..

I never mean to come off as "cocky" or arrogant.. I just know what we are capable of, and what can be accomplished through lots and lots of hardwork. I guess some guys just dont like to hear it..

I enjoyed my time here!.. And I enjoyed the majority
smile.gif
. My hopes and dreams are to produce a ground breaking calling DVD.. It will definately take some time.. But I just cant wait to get after it!

The plan was to meet the furbuyer with the load of coyotes, winds were 5 mph and it was cold! I had to postpone, and add more to the pile
smile.gif

b9348abcdcf0_0ef82b36-9374-43bb-9827-5e65e313524b.jpg

Last edited:
Back